• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[new prod] HISTORIQUES CHRONOMÈTRE ROYAL 1907

alexjryan

Horology Curious
17/12/18
Hi guys and girls,

This model has popped up on a few TD websites and I'm completely smitten. Has anyone ordered it? How is the dial?

I know the gen dial is enamel which I'm presuming TDs won't be using, and the text should have a "hand written" style finish to it.

I'd really appreciate some input if someone has ordered. What an absolute stunner. I think I'd go with SS and the red 12 limited edition version.

Thanks

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hi guys and girls,

This model has popped up on a few TD websites and I'm completely smitten. Has anyone ordered it? How is the dial?

I know the gen dial is enamel which I'm presuming TDs won't be using, and the text should have a "hand written" style finish to it.

I'd really appreciate some input if someone has ordered. What an absolute stunner. I think I'd go with SS and the red 12 limited edition version.

Thanks

Thinking of ordering it after i receive a watch tomorrow, which i've ordered from puretime (in 2 weeks from order placed to delivery tomorrow!).

The VC Patrimony Traditionnelle Sub seconds (the one without the fantasy greyish line on the dial) and VC Patrimony Tourbillon Power Reserve were my favourites, as they're really close to gen. But both are not possible to get anymore.

I like VC and i think i'll go for this via Puretime. I've seen a video of this rep at trusty's and from that, the pictures and the description it looks quite good. Its difficult to judge the dial from the pictures. Also the numerals look a bit thicker, but also difficult from these pictures. It looks pretty close to gen.

You can read about it on Hodinkee:
https://shop.hodinkee.com/collection...t=873244033039

Reactions: alexjryan

alexjryan

Horology Curious
17/12/18
That's great. If you do go ahead and buy I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the dial and whether they've managed to replicate the enamel/hand painted look of the gen.

I agree that the TT vid is a good start, it's such a simple looking watch but that's it's elegance.

To me there are no obvious tells but I feel biased as I really WANT it to be NWBIG.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
That's great. If you do go ahead and buy I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the dial and whether they've managed to replicate the enamel/hand painted look of the gen.

I agree that the TT vid is a good start, it's such a simple looking watch but that's it's elegance.

To me there are no obvious tells but I feel biased as I really WANT it to be NWBIG.

I've ordered it! Paid for yesterday. There is a chinese holiday atm so i think they'll send me the QCs on monday. Maybe i'll receive it in 14-16 days time. Thanks for asking. I'll probably review it after that.

Agree. It could be nice if it was NWBIG, although i think the movement will allways give it away for those who know about watches. If it's just close and don't have any obvious flaws and the dial is good, then it's perfectly fine for me.

Reactions: csthe

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It seems from the pictures on TD sites, that there are some minor flaws:
1. Crown is sunken into the case on the gen, on the rep it's standing outside the case.
2. The rotor is rosegold in gen, on the rep it looks YG. But maybe it's just the pictures tricking :D

But I've ordered it nonetheless. These flaws are small.

Last edited:

alexjryan

Horology Curious
17/12/18
Great, yes that works.

I'm surprised the difference in color on the hands at the different angles of photo. It really goes from black to silver.

The 12 looks like it might have a speck out of it at the bottom of the 2 but that's minescule.

Overall I still love it! What did you say?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great, yes that works.

I'm surprised the difference in color on the hands at the different angles of photo. It really goes from black to silver.

The 12 looks like it might have a speck out of it at the bottom of the 2 but that's minescule.

Overall I still love it! What did you say?

I accepted it. It's been on its way for some time. Will receive it soon. Didn't notice the "12" issue. But i think its maybe okay.

Regarding the hands i also noticed that. It's fantastic. I think the hands have been black-polished like on the gen. I know that many watchmakers blackpolish the movement parts or dials etc to make them look black in certain light, but it's first time i've seen that in a rep.
I'll let you know if it's like that IRL.

posanu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/18
Wow this piece looks fantastic. I just think the font size is slightly thicker but maybe it's just the photo. it looks like a great watch. looking forward to seeing your pics once you receive it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
A little review. I got it from puretime today. Once again fast delivery and good service by Jennifer.

Measurements:
Diameter of gen: 39mm, rep 39mm
thickness of gen: 9.1mm, rep is approx. 9mm
Strap lug width of rep is 20mm and buckle width is 18mm (as pictures in my comment above).

Strap quality:
Usually I throw the strap away asa I get the watch. But this strap is of surprisingly good quality. Its soft and not like the plastic ones you usually get. But of course a trained eye can see that it's nothing near a real alligator strap, which I already ordered from Jacobstraps. Although you can consider using this.

Plus
- Dials and case is very near gen. The enamel is looking good too.
- measurements are near gen

Cons
- movement is decorated but not like the gen. Fx the rotor is YG should've been rose gold.
- the crown sits in a insertion in the case on the gen which is not the case with the rep.
- doesn't weigh a lot. 56g with strap. I think the gen is heavier as it is in platinum.

But these flaws are very minor.

I think this is a very good rep over all. Pictures below.

Reactions: alexjryan and csthe

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Yes sir! The dials are very unique on this rep. They're silver and in a certain light they'll be black. I'm pretty sure it's because they've black-polished them. It's the same on the gen. It's a fantastic effect.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow this piece looks fantastic. I just think the font size is slightly thicker but maybe it's just the photo. it looks like a great watch. looking forward to seeing your pics once you receive it.

I think the font is looking fine.

alexjryan

Horology Curious
17/12/18
Very very cool. Pleased for you and don't think I'll be able to hold myself back. Waiting on some personal matters at the moment but this looks great.

You mentioned the enamel, does the dial appear enamelled and does the text look hand-painted? Obviously that's something that's difficult to pick up in the pictures.

How is the Miyota? Noisy?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Very very cool. Pleased for you and don't think I'll be able to hold myself back. Waiting on some personal matters at the moment but this looks great.

You mentioned the enamel, does the dial appear enamelled and does the text look hand-painted? Obviously that's something that's difficult to pick up in the pictures.

How is the Miyota? Noisy?
Forgot to answer you mate.. sorry..

1. Miyota: I think i got lucky. It's very silent. Only if i move my hand fast i can hear it spin. But not on normal use.

2. The text is looking very good. In a side-profile it looks slightly raised. It's maybe visible in the picture below. I think that is a very nice touch as i makes the text look applied, not printed upon.

3. Regarding the enamel. To be honest i'm not sure, as i haven't seen enamel IRL. But it isn't glossy like porcelain or what i can read enamel is supposed to be? It has a very even off-white colour though.

The hands are really nice too. They've been black-polished. They look black in certain lighting, but silver most of the time.

Another thing is about the strap. After wearing it for a couple of days with the rep strap i've realized what somebody else said very well on this forum "simple watches need a good quality strap". I think it'll make it look more expensive and gen-like.
I'll post some pictures with the Jacobstraps, when i receive it.

Last edited: