• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pics Help VC Overseas

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi guys need some help on QC pics. My eyes are not so good and I am not too familiar with this VC Overseas. Are the hour markers aligned? It looks like the 3 o'clock and the 6 o'clock are not on the same plane?

Here are the images:

Vacheron Overseas https://imgur.com/gallery/BVKrEsF

Also any other help would be appreciated since I cannot see so well. I asked them for the Proofmaster test as well which they did not include in their first set of pics.​​

Thanks!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
One thing I noticing on the QC pics is the placement of "Vacheron Constantin" on the dial. Does it appear to be printed too low on the raised surface and not centered??

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I rejected this first watch based on the misalignment of the VC logo on the dial.

I will post when I get the second set of QC pics.

Thanks

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
If you look at the image in the link below you can see the VC logo is larger and centered on the dial.

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/va...-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-miyota9015.html

That is the previous batch which is not accurate.
The gen has a thin malta cross and the one you rejected nailed it, its not larger. Search google images and you will understand what I am talking about.
Anyway, surely the old batch is not available anymore so you have no chance of getting a fat malta cross.

Reactions: stoyania

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Chemicalz,

By VC logo I meant the actual writing on the dial of "Vacheron Constantin", for me it appears not centred on the raised portion of the dial.

Good to know about the maltese cross size though.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Mari115,

May I ask what you are referring to? Was the rep I rejected good in your eyes or are you referring to something else?

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
The first watch looked great. This is a replica watch.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Yes I understand but in the PureTime pictures on their website the Vacheron Constantin writing appears more centered. If the second one has the same location I will accept it.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hi Mari115,

May I ask what you are referring to? Was the rep I rejected good in your eyes or are you referring to something else?

i can't see any misalignment, the hour markers seem amazing and it's a very cool watch, i can't really see the misalignment you are referring to

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
On the dial, the words Vacheron Constantin are not centered on the raised rectangular surface. They are lower in the rectangle.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I approved the QC pics and just received this beauty. Very well made and great attention to detail by the rep maker.

One thing I am curious about is the noise from the movement. I have read all about the loud rotor sound but this is way more than I expected. I have a 5711 PF Nautilus and it is way quieter. Do they use the same movement?

If I take it to a local shop to have them open it should I just ask for them to put some watch oil to lubricate the movement? Or are there other fixes for this issue on the VC overseas?

I am not finding any other threads on this issue with the VC overseas JF.

Thanks

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Has anyone opened this VC Overseas to put lubricant inside it to make the movement more quiet? What lubricant did you use? How much? Was it hard to reseal the case back?

stoyania

15/4/16
you need to put little bit of silicone grease (not oil) to slow down the rotor and noise. Could you please post photos of the received watch. Many thanks!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
you need to put little bit of silicone grease (not oil) to slow down the rotor and noise. Could you please post photos of the received watch. Many thanks!

Hello Stoyania, which silicone grease? Is there a brand and type? I will post pics soon!!

Gij100

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/15
oRKjs4d.jpg
IMG-20190411-234531.jpg

One of my QC Pics - Should I accept? :xd::xd:

Don't need to remind me of the rules re QC Pics, I can see the flaw too.