• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony 81180 REP for SALE AS REAL on EBay? Take a look

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I just came across this listing on EBay for a Vacheron Constantin Patrimony, they are saying it is "vintage"? I was Googling replacement hands for a Vacheron Constantin Patrimony I just ordered, since the hands are to me totally too wide, not slender as the gen.
I saw this ad, and immediately looked at the hands and they looked way out for a genuine. Also, the patrimony case has a slight recess for the crown, looking straight on, the one in the auction does not, as the reps are done.. Am I incorrect? You opinions...
Here is the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacheron-C...=item2f1de703da:g:Vp0AAOSwq4VbQ8TB:rk:33:pf:0

ON ANOTHER NOTE, DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE IN THE US THAT CAN SWAP OUT THE HANDS FOR ME? I have been scrounging through the forums, but with no luck!!!!
I want to swap the hands on three reps and cannot find anyone who can order the parts and do the work. I'm located in Florida, but have no problem shipping the watches to somone on the Forum with a long history or a smith. Frustrating to say the least!!!!

:jeff:

Checked the POST in Preview and it shows a smiling face emoji in the link??? I guess the same letters for it? If the link does not work, just check EBay, the seller has Sale at $5,000.00 while every other one are up past $15,000.00

Reactions: vcappp

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Best I could tell the movement is completely wrong, the decorations are incorrect and the balance is in the wrong location. I'd have to agree with your assessment that that's a replica.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I went back to the sale and took a look at the movement also. I do not have expertise in their watches, but a quick Google search turned up nothing like it. Also the quality is truly poor for a gen. watch of that quality and price.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
The raised lettering on the movement is your first clue. Rep all the way ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I was thinking of offering $10.00. Thought I could use it a "practice" watch to start to disassemble and most likely destroy in the process. They would be wise to accept, since if some unsuspecting individual is duped into purchasing it, ultimately they will get screwed (the seller) once the buyer realized they purchased a piece of junk. At that price it really does call in the attention of the authorities, and I assume it would be considered fraud. Ebay and paypal has all the information on the individual, wont be hard to track down. Who knows, the guy? sells mostly golf clubs. Could be some kid who works as a caddy, and was given the watch as a "tip" by some philanthropist! Definitely a kick in the nuts for all.
:jeff:​

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
:lolcina: Offered $9.00 and was automatically rejected on my best offer. I attached a note telling him it was a replica, and I only wanted it for a practice tear down. I even offered to pay the $11.00 ground shipping. Tough Seller!!

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
The guy has some nuts still keeping for sale on EBay.
Initially I thought possibly the person believed it was a gen that they were selling, but I’m convinced they are scamming.
If they thought it was a gen, they would have responded to me telling them it was a FAKE, and poor one at that.