• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Opinions on Vacheron Constantin Overseas White JJF MY9015 Mod?

Repwatcher01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18
I've been researching this watch but haven't found much about it and am looking to learn more.

How does this specific model compare to the gen watch itself?

What are the noticeable differences between this rep and the gen?

http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?...ducts_id=17958

I can't speak from experience on the white dial, but the grey dial version is as far as I can tell indistinguishable from the gen by sight. I would say there's a fair chance the same is true of the white, though I recall reading at one point that the pattern on the white dial may be imperfect.

HardWorkOnly

25/11/18
New Jersey
I can't speak from experience on the white dial, but the grey dial version is as far as I can tell indistinguishable from the gen by sight. I would say there's a fair chance the same is true of the white, though I recall reading at one point that the pattern on the white dial may be imperfect.

I thought I noticed something off with the white dial compared to gen. Upon further looking at the watch, the small triangles look a bit odd compared to gen.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
There is a slight difference in the pattern when looked at on blown up pictures on the Web but on the wrist it's very difficult to see, moreover this model is so rarely seen in the wild, nor is it current, so unless you're trying to fool an AD nobody is going to spot this flaw and call you out, so if you like it by all means get it. The finish of the product is very nice but the date wheel is not central on every date annoyingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Repwatcher01

HardWorkOnly

25/11/18
New Jersey
There is a slight difference in the pattern when looked at on blown up pictures on the Web but on the wrist it's very difficult to see, moreover this model is so rarely seen in the wild, nor is it current, so unless you're trying to fool an AD nobody is going to spot this flaw and call you out, so if you like it by all means get it. The finish of the product is very nice but the date wheel is not central on every date annoyingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your opinion on the gray face version?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
If I recall it's a nice watch, with issues on the dial (triangles on top of each other, not right pattern) and the cross is flat instead of having curved borders

Repwatcher01

25/8/18
What's your opinion on the gray face version?

I've had the grey dial version for several months. If there is any variance from gen I can't find it.

The inner edge of the bracelet is a bit sharp, though having held the gen in my hand to compare it too felt rather sharp, so I'm not even sure that's not true-to-gen.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I've had the grey dial version for several months. If there is any variance from gen I can't find it.

The inner edge of the bracelet is a bit sharp, though having held the gen in my hand to compare it too felt rather sharp, so I'm not even sure that's not true-to-gen.

I am surprised that you can't find any. Miyota is a uni-directional rotating movement yet the gen has a JLC bi-directional movement inside. The feeling and sound they make are absolutely very different. Not to mention the progressive date change starting from 10:30 P.M. while the gen has an instant date-flip at 0:00.

After trying the VC 47040 in an AD in tokyo, I bought an JJF VCO with bracelet and sold it after a few weeks of wearing for the replica was nowhere genlike. I will not buy another until they put a A2892 or A2836 in it instead of the cheap dirty miyota 9015.

stoyania

15/4/16
I am surprised that you can't find any. Miyota is a uni-directional rotating movement yet the gen has a JLC bi-directional movement inside. The feeling and sound they make are absolutely very different. Not to mention the progressive date change starting from 10:30 P.M. while the gen has an instant date-flip at 0:00.

After trying the VC 47040 in an AD in tokyo, I bought an JJF VCO with bracelet and sold it after a few weeks of wearing for the replica was nowhere genlike. I will not buy another until they put a A2892 or A2836 in it instead of the cheap dirty miyota 9015.

it would be great if JJF update the dial cross and replace 9015 with A2892

Repwatcher01

25/8/18

Of course the movement is different, that's why it's a NWBIG candidate and not a super rep. Aesthetically, though, there is no visual difference that I can find. You will never get a perfect rep of a $20k watch for under $500, it's not possible. So settle for a rep that is perfect in the outside and a little different on the inside.

grandphuba

8/4/18
I was always under the impression that the term NWBIG is equivalent to super reps out of the box. In any case, it would be foolish to expect the rep to have a nearly identical movement to the proprietary movements of the gen for less than 5% the price.