• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V BP vs the others

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Omagad I think this is a NWBIG

I would normally want to agree with you but I really disagree because the dial is nothing like the gen. While BP has made a good dial in it's own right, it doesn't have the personality of the gen. Look at google images at certain angles the sunburst disappears and there's a deep deep blue that sort of takes over the whole dial. It's beautiful.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I would normally want to agree with you but I really disagree because the dial is nothing like the gen. While BP has made a good dial in it's own right, it doesn't have the personality of the gen. Look at google images at certain angles the sunburst disappears and there's a deep deep blue that sort of takes over the whole dial. It's beautiful.
You are the expert.
I don't think it is a super rep, but I thought that the flaws are small enough to a NWBIG...

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
You are the expert.
I don't think it is a super rep, but I thought that the flaws are small enough to a NWBIG...

Ah I see. Yeah, I would agree. With the gen you get 2 main things the rep cannot give you: the movement and the dial. Is that worth $12-14k? Probably not. So yeah, I would agree that you're getting probably 95% of the experience of the gen paying $350 and maybe an extra $200 for a 2xAR crystal.

rbobby

Looking Around
31/5/20
I just got the BP VC4500 in blue. Overall I would rate this one a 7/10. Build quality is good, but could be more solid. Looking at the dial, there seem to be a lot of reflection and everything seem a bit hazy. It's still beautiful, just not that sharp. Case and bracelet are done pretty well. Blue dial is nothing like the gen which is darker and breathtakingly beautiful, much more depth/soul. Anyway, good enough for now. I got tired of waiting for AD to produce a gen. If another factory makes a much better version of the blue, I'd be the first in line.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I've updated the OP with newly hosted pics thanks to clickpix.

Hello,
i am new here and interested in this VC4500:
As someone heard about the 8f factory version ?
(I know dtime is not a TD, but is 8f factory à thing? Or is it a repackage BP)?
https://dtime01.co/vc0003-vacheron-...-on-stainless-steel-bracelet-miyota-9015.html

also Someone knows about this version (is it also 8F)?
https://www.dealerclocks.store/products/overseas-automatic-blue-dial-in-steel-on-bracelet
thanks!

While this has the correct font, this has a much larger typeface than gen and the spacing between numerals is much too high as well. BP is still the factory to get.

Reactions: Snil

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
I just received mine. The rotor is loud. Apart from this problem, I also noticed something else. The center of the rotor is different.

This is a snapshot from one of the photos on page 1 of this thread. The inner-edge around three core screws is slightly depressed/recessed. And the hole in the center is not all the way through.

And this is mine. The inner edge is totally flat. The hole in the center is through as we can see the gold-like color of the rotor.

I am a little annoyed that there are also some sort of glue or gel-like residues pointed out by the red arrows. I really hope that they can be cleaned.

What do you guys think?

dender93

Horology Curious
18/1/21
I just received mine. The rotor is loud. Apart from this problem, I also noticed something else. The center of the rotor is different.

This is a snapshot from one of the photos on page 1 of this thread. The inner-edge around three core screws is slightly depressed/recessed. And the hole in the center is not all the way through.

And this is mine. The inner edge is totally flat. The hole in the center is through as we can see the gold-like color of the rotor.

I am a little annoyed that there are also some sort of glue or gel-like residues pointed out by the red arrows. I really hope that they can be cleaned.

What do you guys think?

Are you sure the one you got is from BP factory?

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
really hope some factory will pick up the 4500v and make a super rep its to stunning of a watch :D

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
really hope some factory will pick up the 4500v and make a super rep its to stunning of a watch :D

I checked the blue and the black in an AD, the black dial was very simple, should be easy to replicate, but the blue had an amazing sunburst that must be hard to match

Reactions: exacten