• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V BP vs the others

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I need some help from the guys who already own the watch. Could somebody check if the screwbar that is holding the bracelet at the case is unscrew-able. I won't be able to reproduce the quick release mechanism obviously, so to attach the strap you'll have to remove the bar, fit the strap into the slot and then secure the strap on case by slotting in the screwbar. Same as it's on the older VCO version by JJF.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
It looks like a screwbar.
Overseas-Automatic-BP-Maker-Best-Edition-SS-Blue-Dial-On-SS-Bracelet-A5100.jpg
I need some help from the guys who already own the watch. Could somebody check if the screwbar that is holding the bracelet at the case is unscrew-able. I won't be able to reproduce the quick release mechanism obviously, so to attach the strap you'll have to remove the bar, fit the strap into the slot and then secure the strap on case by slotting in the screwbar. Same as it's on the older VCO version by JJF.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I wonder if jjf straps fit the bp one, chances are slim but definitely worth a shot

I don’t have BP but I’ve been told the cut out on BP is slightly smaller. Also, I’ve seen people putting strap made for that model ( with gen mesurments ) on JJF Overseas and there were approximately 2mm gaps in the cut out.
Someone should measure BP version.

direkcarlo

Horology Curious
14/4/18
Here's my Overseas 4500 BP:
RtGYVzx

http://imgur.com/a/RtGYVzx

My biggest gripe with the bracelet is the Quick Release function - ITS PURELY COSMETIC.
e.g. though there is a quick release, it doesn't even release! its just for looks and has zero function!

After wearing it for a month now, I have to admit it looks pretty damn good, but of course it will have its downsides.

Here are a few problems i have had with the BP:

- It has a loud rotor
- A screw holding down the rotor came off within the first 15 mins of use
- the last end link before the buckle is a few millimetres smaller than the rest (sucks if you have OCD)
- The Matlese cross isn't 100% accurate (maybe only 80-90% accurate)
- The sharp corners on the bezel
- One of the screw bars holding the endlinks in just came loose
- Winding the crown feels rough and icky
- I want to change the stainless steel bracelet but can't!!!!! - I can unscrew the bar holding the strap between the lugs, but I can't seem to totally remove it!

On the upside, this watch looks and feels like a million dollars. Even when I put it next to the other Gens like a Nautilus and a Royal Oak, it looks like its around the same price range. Even the watchsmiths I've taken it to all believed it was genuine until they opened it up and had a look inside!

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and rypho1

rypho1

8/7/16
Here's my Overseas 4500 BP:
RtGYVzx

http://imgur.com/a/RtGYVzx

My biggest gripe with the bracelet is the Quick Release function - ITS PURELY COSMETIC.
e.g. though there is a quick release, it doesn't even release! its just for looks and has zero function!

I was sent some pics from TD when enquiring about the availabilty of this watch and he sent me a cople of pics to confirm they could get and ive notice the bracelet may have been updated. On the pics i was sent i can see a "stainless steel" and logo on inside of the bracelet

41488275105_96d1faae20_c.jpg

but on some TD;s pictures i dont see this marking

42391068161_ff2134c85f_c.jpg

Also they sent this picture which seems to suggest you can use quick release? so wondered if yours had stainless steel marking as they may have changed things?

41488274895_0566f70c27_c.jpg

could be nothing but just noticed it wasnt the same bracelet on all sites showing the BP watch

direkcarlo

Horology Curious
14/4/18
Yes those markings are present on my BP.

If the quick release is real, I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

direkcarlo

Horology Curious
14/4/18
Confirmed by the boys at Chazing Time, the quick release of the BP is purely cosmetic

rypho1

8/7/16
Confirmed by the boys at Chazing Time, the quick release of the BP is purely cosmetic

Awwww what a shame! oh well... as long as it looks pretty... ha! ill have a go at silencing the rotor aswell anyone know if the 3 screws seen on rotor actually hold the rotor down or is it just a cap hiding miyota screws underneath? like on jf AP 15400

Reactions: nomana

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Awwww what a shame! oh well... as long as it looks pretty... ha! ill have a go at silencing the rotor aswell anyone know if the 3 screws seen on rotor actually hold the rotor down or is it just a cap hiding miyota screws underneath? like on jf AP 15400

It's just pressed on based on my experience.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
How does the BP version compares to the JJF in relation to the one being closest to Gen?
thanks

rypho1

8/7/16
Look what just came in :)

42004774105_0102b9aaf7_h.jpg

42004774355_7a542efe1b_h.jpg

First thoughts:

Looks fantastic and the blue really pops!!! definitely stands out...

Although i havent tried to take off straps completely the qucik release pins levers do oull down and appear to be spring mounted so i assume they work on mine anyway.

One negative though is bracelet is a little rattly..not as silky as AP JF 15400...sound makes it sound a little cheap but still looks great...

mich.bal

Known Member
15/5/17
Look what just came in :)

42004774105_0102b9aaf7_h.jpg

42004774355_7a542efe1b_h.jpg

First thoughts:

Looks fantastic and the blue really pops!!! definitely stands out...

Although i havent tried to take off straps completely the qucik release pins levers do oull down and appear to be spring mounted so i assume they work on mine anyway.

One negative though is bracelet is a little rattly..not as silky as AP JF 15400...sound makes it sound a little cheap but still looks great...

What version is it? Look amazing

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
It is true that in BPs the bezel is glued to the case and tend to fall?