• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC Overseas JJF with BRACELET available!!!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Honestly I think the pre 2016 is a superrep even if for some reason it did not make it to the list. I did a lot of research before oulling the trigger and I did not find anything that could distrub me enough in the flaws department ;)

9kf8wt2.jpg

How big is your wrist mate?

I'm wondering how this wears compared to something like a planet ocean 42mm or AP diver. Really like the look of the grey dial version but have a 6.5" wrist so 42mm is my cut off these days

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Here's a closeup of the dial, I apologize for it being super dusty. :
atXcdb6.jpg

The 9015 rotor is something else... the watch is super annoyingly loud. If the rotor was silent, I would be 100% satisfied with this. I'm currently looking into some way to mod it by reducing the size of the weight or something... I might just pick up a spare miyota 9015 movement to mess around with and see if I can figure out what the noise creating factors are. It's really, really annoying for me.

Hello, did you try to grease the rotor? I wanted to try it but I am not sure if it helps at all...

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
How big is your wrist mate?

I'm wondering how this wears compared to something like a planet ocean 42mm or AP diver. Really like the look of the grey dial version but have a 6.5" wrist so 42mm is my cut off these days

6.8"... I have no PO42mm and no AP diver. But I have a SD43 and a RO15400 and it wears a bit smaller than both.

I think 6.5" should be fine if the wrist is quite flat.

Reactions: ssouthall6

direkcarlo

Horology Curious
14/4/18
Is anyone else having a really hard time removing links from the bracelet? I just got one of those and I’ve got the screws loose but can actually get it out of the slot. Any tips?

I'm having the same problem on the Overseas 4500 BP. Screw comes loose, but doesn't come out.

erock

26/4/10
I'm having the same problem on the Overseas 4500 BP. Screw comes loose, but doesn't come out.

I ended up spraying mine with wd40 and letting it soak overnight. Then I was able to unscrew the screws to get them loose, at which point I would tap on the other side of the link to shake the screw a bit and it would stick out from the link just the slightest bit, at which point I used a set of tweezers to pull out. Total PIA, but did get them out this way.

C43amg

Horology Curious
29/5/18
Hi guys, any idea why this watch isn’t making super rep status?

stoyania

15/4/16
This is what put me off. It's difficult to see but once seen you can't unsee it.

The flat deep stream grey version however - boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6 absolutely agree with you on the white patterned dial. so...did you purchase the flat gray dial? is there a sunburst effect on it or no?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
ssouthall6 absolutely agree with you on the white patterned dial. so...did you purchase the flat gray dial? is there a sunburst effect on it or no?

No I haven't yet. I spent my watch budget this month on gen rolex parts and a Piaget Polo. I will probably give the grey VC a go I'm just a bit concerned about the size on my 6.5" wrist!

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
The off dial worries me now that I am aware of it... it’s an instant tell to me.... the grey dial looks very sleek and it would perhaps be a closer dial to its gen counterpart.... however the grey version seems that the DW is slightly off centered and the bezel also has a more titanium tone to it (?).

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
No I haven't yet. I spent my watch budget this month on gen rolex parts and a Piaget Polo. I will probably give the grey VC a go I'm just a bit concerned about the size on my 6.5" wrist!

I have a 6.5 wrist and it fits perfectly, go for it