• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC Overseas JJF with BRACELET available!!!

Tostoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/17
Nice watch, bummer that the dial pattern alignment is off

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Do you guys know if they refined cross on all JJF stainless steel versions?????

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I bought it two months ago and the cross still did not have the 3D effect. But be aware that the latest generation (2016+) has a very obvius 3D cross ... while the JJF is the pre 2016 where the cross was more flat also on gen.

EDIT ADD PICS:
https://imgur.com/a/gCWaa

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I bought it two months ago and the cross still did not have the 3D effect. But be aware that the latest generation (2016+) has a very obvius 3D cross ... while the JJF is the pre 2016 where the cross was more flat also on gen.

EDIT ADD PICS:

Thanks. It’s great when we all complain about a “flaw” after comparing gen vs rep pictures.....only to learn months later that the “flaw” is a gen variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoyania

15/4/16
Thanks. It’s great when we all complain about a “flaw” after comparing gen vs rep pictures.....only to learn months later that the “flaw” is a gen variation.

mech500 just for clarity, i was not complaining about the 3D effect...i was referring that the cross is not as thin (towards the center of the cross) as the gen

also, the JJF should correct how the middle e is spelled in "Geneve" (both on dial and caseback)

ssouthall6

10/10/13
also, the JJF should correct how the middle e is spelled in "Geneve" (both on dial and caseback)

How do you mean? The way the accent on the e looks? I think the dial pattern is a bigger deal than that tbh

stoyania

15/4/16

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Reactions: ssouthall6

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

EDIT ADD PICS:
https://imgur.com/a/gCWaa

I was more referring to the shape of the cross.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Here a gen with GENÈVE (not GENEVE):
https://sg.carousell.com/p/sold-vacheron-constantin-overseas-47040-117634737/

brand_new_60off__vacheron_constantin_overseas_47040_1500695682_a5d0cd74.jpg

I really have problem spotting differences in the writings, cross and pattern against mine:

1DIpPnc.jpg

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Yep there's definitely a gen version with the accent, not just on the deep stream.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Honestly I think the pre 2016 is a superrep even if for some reason it did not make it to the list. I did a lot of research before oulling the trigger and I did not find anything that could distrub me enough in the flaws department ;)

9kf8wt2.jpg

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Guys, did they slim down cross logo on those JJF with the bracelet???

erock

26/4/10
Is anyone else having a really hard time removing links from the bracelet? I just got one of those and I’ve got the screws loose but can actually get it out of the slot. Any tips?

Reactions: antotony0203

stoyania

15/4/16
Is anyone else having a really hard time removing links from the bracelet? I just got one of those and I’ve got the screws loose but can actually get it out of the slot. Any tips?

WD40 or ultrasonic bath

could you please post a shot of the cross on the dial

rolled85

Horology Curious
13/5/18
Here's a closeup of the dial, I apologize for it being super dusty. :
atXcdb6.jpg

The dark particles near the 5 weren't there when I got it but appeared shortly afterwards. I think it's some kind of dirt, but I took the watch apart and I couldn't really get it to come off despite gently rubbing at the particles with a small pin. I didn't really try too hard since I didn't want to rub off any of the black printing or scratch the white surface at all. Not sure how I'm going to remove that dirt. I also scratched the metal near the 8 o'clock position but no biggie.

Also an annoyance is how the recessed areas on the case collect dust. It's a problem with the gen's design but it's pretty annoying. I can wrap a little microfiber cloth around a tiny scissor blade to get in there and wipe it clean, but it's a lot of effort. I also first thought the date wheel was hilariously bad for certain dates but then I saw that the gen is like that with the date sometimes at the very top rather than centered.

The 9015 rotor is something else... the watch is super annoyingly loud. If the rotor was silent, I would be 100% satisfied with this. I'm currently looking into some way to mod it by reducing the size of the weight or something... I might just pick up a spare miyota 9015 movement to mess around with and see if I can figure out what the noise creating factors are. It's really, really annoying for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: stoyania

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
I think wearing brands that are on the top of watch list being not so rich is not worth it at all. If I'd wear a Vacheron or Patek everyone would know that it's a fake for sure cause I can't afford it by my money. Rolex or AP is the other way.