• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle small seconds

Akra

11/1/17
I recently saw this rather cheap VC as a new arrival at InTime and I would like to hear everybody’s opinion on it, or if anyone has thought about purchasing it. First thing I noticed is that the marker at 6 and the crown are a little bit off? But for the price it seems to be quite a good replica.

Gendial.jpg Repdial.jpg Gendial2.jpg Repdial2.jpg Genmvt.jpg Repmvt.jpg

Replica (according to InTime) 38mm x 8.7mm
Gen 38mm x 7.77mm

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
For me the biggest reason to not get these is that there are two 'ultra shiny' (I don't know what to call it) rings around the black ring where the seconds hand rotates on the gen. The rep just looks like those two rings are a similar finish to the interior part of the seconds hand. If it were shiny, it would be a no brainer for me. All reps of this I've seen the same issue. Doesn't matter the maker or the finish (RG, SS, white dial or black dial, etc)

Akra

11/1/17
For me the biggest reason to not get these is that there are two 'ultra shiny' (I don't know what to call it) rings around the black ring where the seconds hand rotates on the gen. The rep just looks like those two rings are a similar finish to the interior part of the seconds hand. If it were shiny, it would be a no brainer for me. All reps of this I've seen the same issue. Doesn't matter the maker or the finish (RG, SS, white dial or black dial, etc)
I understand your point. As I'm looking at it, I just noticed that the replica seems to have a more defined disc pattern(?) where the small seconds is. I'm uncertain if this is because of the lighting on the gen pictures, because it is clearly visible here.
39098.jpg

But on every wristshot of the gen, it is not as visible though.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Akra majwilliams0308 i have just ordered this from Toro. I read your comments. I respect that you have pointed out the faults. Fx lack of shinyness of the rings around the seconds hand. Other than that I think it looks like a good rep. Also the dial color, thickness is acceptable and diameter looks to be correct.
I think at 218 dollars it's a bargain. I need a rep with grey dial so I went for it. Hope to post a little pictorial review when it arrives. Also the design of the VC Traditionelle is so special and one of the most classiest in simple dress watches, that I just needed one in my collection.

Have anyone bought this?

Reactions: csthe and Akra