• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC 1921?

Lirik

Renowned Member
17/11/13
Hi,

I really fell in love with the 1921 from Vacheron.
I read that the reps of this model are not very good, but I have trouble finding any at all.

I cant seem to find any replica to this model on the TD's websites.

Does anyone know where I can get this watch? Or anyone who owns one?

Vacheron_Constantin_American_1921_1.jpg

vacheron_image.964206.jpg

I hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

umaso

Renowned Member
28/6/14
one of my favorites as well. I'd be curious if a decent rep could be done. It's definitely a model on my list of "will own someday"

Reactions: titi

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
I don't get it. How can something that looks so simple-the dial is flat, not compliced-be so hard to Rep?
Oh, wait, is it the seconds at 3 thingy? Ok, then, make one without the seconds and definitely without a date(it looks out of place and very stupid). And how much for a 21j!!!!?
Better yet, if making it without seconds then make it quartz and drop that price way down. No wonder it's not a hot seller.
I want one, but not that ugly.

G

I've got one incoming in RG (but not from a TD here). Only flaws are the VC logo is silver instead of gold and the subdial is in the orientation of the dial (off set) when it should be straight.

Will get my modder to sort these as they are minor issues.

edb73b86f7d804891a016d68be2630dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

umaso

Renowned Member
28/6/14
that doesn't look bad at all. I'd be interesting in a quick review when you receive.

G

Will post a wrist shot soon. Put it on a Camille Fournet

d6d168d69a593f08a564f7cfa5eb2eca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Saw one of those in some luxury London night club. Looked very very good.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Any progress on photos [MENTION=33222]thechicco[/MENTION]?

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
Just picked this up. It lacks some of the precision of the original (especially on the subdial), but the case design (no dial bulge) and dimensions (40x40)are perfect , especially the top dial piece which is true to the original (that dial bulge on the latest ones referenced above was really bugging me:sad:).

It is thin (around 10 mm), although not quite the 8 mm of the original. But, the subdial seconds are working great, powered by an A2824, the accuracy is at 1.3 s/d, and it looks extremely chic;). Shown here with a Genuine Stingray brown strap.

1921-2_zpsyykeryum.jpg

1921-1_zps0vy7djwn.jpg

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Just picked this up. It lacks some of the precision of the original (especially on the subdial), but the case design (no dial bulge) and dimensions (40x40)are perfect , especially the top dial piece which is true to the original (that dial bulge on the latest ones referenced above was really bugging me:sad:).

It is thin (around 10 mm), although not quite the 8 mm of the original. But, the subdial seconds are working great, powered by an A2824, the accuracy is at 1.3 s/d, and it looks extremely chic;). Shown here with a Genuine Stingray brown strap.

1921-2_zpsyykeryum.jpg

1921-1_zps0vy7djwn.jpg

PeteB -- do you remember where you sourced this one?

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
PeteB -- do you remember where you sourced this one?

Believe it or not I ran into it on DHGate - the seller is unfortunately long gone, and I didn't get their WhatsApp contact. I tried several TDs before that, but they all had the version with the "bulging" dial. Since I believe the beauty of the 1921 is that it is both a classic, and has clean modern lines, that did not do it for me. Plus, this one was way more affordable :) . The seller claimed that this version was done by a "new small factory" but unfortunately I have no more info than that.