• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MXF Vacheron Constantin Fiftysix Complete Calendar

kratos_1000

Looking Around
11/3/12
https://www.mirotime.co/product/fif...dition-blue-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-a2460/

Hi all, the MXF fiftysix complete calendar has been released for a couple months, has anyone got this already? I spoke to mirotime to see if they make the silver dial, seems like they do.

Right off the bat, the miyota 9015 movement appears slightly better finished compared to ZF in the photos. The rotor is red gold, compared to ZF yellow gold. The hand stack appears slightly smaller too.

If anyone else notices anything else compared with ZF or gen, please let us know, I'm keen to see what the differences are and which factory is doing better! ????

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
MXF is free of the two big ‘instant tells’ that the ZF suffers from, for those who care.

ZF has two pushers by the crown and two on the left side of the case, whereas MXF like gen has two by crown, one on left side of the case, and one between the bottom lugs and hidden by the strap.

ZF’s date hand’s ring around the cannon pinion extends past the minute hand’s ring, which on the silver dial leads to a big blue ring in the centre. MXF doesn’t suffer from that. I’m not sure if it’s gen width, Major’s dial swap on the three-handed needed the hole enlarged to fit ZF at least.

As a smaller point, ZF’s moonphase window doesn’t cover the full 180 degree arc that MXF does like gen. A great comparison from the ZF thread compares them to an umbrella and a mouth. Once you see it, you see it.

On the other side MXF had bad alignment on the day and month wheel printing in all of the watches I’ve seen QC’d, made worse by the lack of crispness of the windows, even if the text looks to fill the window better than ZF in my unqualified opinion. I find the little intangibles better on the ZF, despite the large issues. Maybe a dial swap would go a good length to help, but those wheels have been my stumbling block from going forward.

I’m not getting into movement, I haven’t seen MXF in the flesh and pictures rarely do movements justice.

In a moment of fervor I thought to order an MXF when I first saw the promotional photos, and Hont talked me out of it. Not even ‘buy ZF instead’, a straight up ‘don’t get, not good’ spread into three messages, a veritable essay from Hont.

Still tempted though…

Edit:

Credit where credit is due:

I saw this mentioned over on r/RepTime (I think), but the gen moonphase window looks much more like a sad face, and the rep moonphase window looks much more like an umbrella. Once I saw it I couldn't un-see it. I'm hoping ZF can address this in a future version. I'm not sure I'd be able to spot it without a side-by-side comparison, but I think I probably could.

Last edited:

kratos_1000

Looking Around
11/3/12
Yep looking at the day and month wheels, it's clear that the day is too far right justified on certain days. I hope this can be fixed by MXF.

I feel like the moon is a bit smaller on the MXF compared to ZF, and closer to gen. The ZF moon seems like it's a bit too big for it's moonphase window.

If ZF could fix that blue ring around the centre hand stack from the date hand I'd be happy enough with ZF. MXF has shown that the hands can be done correctly. A rose gold rotor would be nice too.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
https://www.mirotime.co/product/fif...dition-blue-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-a2460/

Hi all, the MXF fiftysix complete calendar has been released for a couple months, has anyone got this already? I spoke to mirotime to see if they make the silver dial, seems like they do.

Right off the bat, the miyota 9015 movement appears slightly better finished compared to ZF in the photos. The rotor is red gold, compared to ZF yellow gold. The hand stack appears slightly smaller too.

If anyone else notices anything else compared with ZF or gen, please let us know, I'm keen to see what the differences are and which factory is doing better! ????

I would be careful from purchasing from mirotime as they look suspect to me and are not a RWI TD. Be careful of them.

Reactions: SuperBatman

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
I would be careful from purchasing from mirotime as they look suspect to me and are not a RWI TD. Be careful of them.

+1

Start of the month grapevine said Mirotime blamed factories for not accepting RLs due to NY holidays, mentioning ZF specifically. I RL'd a ZF this week through an actual trusted dealer without hassle, so Mirotime refusing to QC is a steaming pile.