• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4500V by 8F and a bit of a mystery

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
In the thread about the TWF 4500V someone posted this video wondering what factory it was from:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1qb...d_more_video.0

I think this is a pretty fantastic looking rep. I sent the video to Li at JTime, who informed me that it is the 8F rep. Based on that information I did some googling to find more pics of an 8F 4500V and came up with the following:
jPfPR8.png
jPfXhK.png
jPfCBR.png

These pics with their blobby crosses do not resemble the elegant watch in the video above. Here are two screengrabs to compare to:
jPfks1.png
jPfd9v.png

So, what are your thoughts? Did 8F release an updated version? Did Li make a mistake in identifying the rep in the video? If so, what factory is that rep from? I really love that rep. It's worth mentioning that the cross on the 8F 2000V looks much better than this.

Last edited:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Sead received an 8F 6000V for me with a blob type cross, but was eventually able to get a good one, so it depends on the cross supplier at the time the watch is assembled.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Thanks, wish they would also do a fantasy black dial version.

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
When TWF announced I also went into the bilibili rabbit hole as well as domestic dealers, to weigh it against the 8f and the questionable crosses. I'd wager it's an updated version rather than only a different batch of crosses, as there's a change in serial number of pics floating around between models attributed to 8f. Plus the 5500vs that came later have had sharp crosses. Sorry to see that overweight dough ball of a cross on such a beautiful watch though, let us know how you enjoy the tourbillon.

For those more knowledgeable than I, I'm still not sure of this mystery model floating about in other Chinese videos. Cross looks great, movement has anglage and generally well-finished, balance bridge/spring attachment are normal, but rotor jewel looks different from 8F or TWF and serial number also doesn't match. Dial didn't have the rim so it wasn't gen(or ZF now that we've seen it). TD's I've asked have variously claimed it as TWF and 8F, except my usual who said it's a different 'quality' and that he can source, but no information on factory. Waiting on my QCs, but at this point I'm wondering if someone out there is blending together 4500v reps with another stock I haven't seen. Someone outside this forum, I mean.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
When TWF announced I also went into the bilibili rabbit hole as well as domestic dealers, to weigh it against the 8f and the questionable crosses. I'd wager it's an updated version rather than only a different batch of crosses, as there's a change in serial number of pics floating around between models attributed to 8f. Plus the 5500vs that came later have had sharp crosses. Sorry to see that overweight dough ball of a cross on such a beautiful watch though, let us know how you enjoy the tourbillon.

For those more knowledgeable than I, I'm still not sure of this mystery model floating about in other Chinese videos. Cross looks great, movement has anglage and generally well-finished, balance bridge/spring attachment are normal, but rotor jewel looks different from 8F or TWF and serial number also doesn't match. Dial didn't have the rim so it wasn't gen(or ZF now that we've seen it). TD's I've asked have variously claimed it as TWF and 8F, except my usual who said it's a different 'quality' and that he can source, but no information on factory. Waiting on my QCs, but at this point I'm wondering if someone out there is blending together 4500v reps with another stock I haven't seen. Someone outside this forum, I mean.

Can you share your QC pics when you get them?

Reactions: cpudgar

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
I added the wechat account at the beginning of the video. Will ask questions if correct user_id

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
Usd380 with one strap, additional straps available at extra cost

8F, quick release straps.

Last edited:

GoffredoMameli

Horology Curious
19/9/21
Thank you for information. It seems very good, hoping we'll see more pics (back and bracelet).

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
Waiting fr QC pics after buying from Baio.

Black dial with steel bracelet, plus rubber strap and clasp.

¥3,000 / £347

Reactions: cpudgar

ric88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/21
So is there confirmation already if the rep at the video is indeed an 8F? And of so, then does that mean the newest ver of 8F is now best rep instead of BP? Been looking to buy this watch and the one in the video looks good

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
The video shows the Sellers wechat address, I contacted him and he confirmed new 8F.

Waiting for my QC pics, was despatched by factory on Friday.