• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC Overseas Perpetual Calendar 4300V by 8F

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Hello fellow VC enthusiasts!

Looks like 8F created a new rep of the 4300V, and it actually looks quite good in my opinion,, compared to other overseas reps we have gotten thus far.

Gen:
jo0dTX.jpg

jo0CM4.jpg

jo0Xoc.jpg

jo0TDI.jpg

jo0kbi.jpg

For the purpose of this review, I'll focus primarily on the blue dial (as that is my favorite), but most all of the dial variations look great IMO.

joS68F.jpg

joSnL5.jpg

joSt32.jpg

joS87t.jpg

joSBYE.jpg

joSQwn.jpg

joSTSD.jpg

joSlc3.jpg

joSCis.jpg

joSPCY.jpg

joSdLk.jpg

joSkro.jpg

Blue dial does not have the sunburst, which VC just updated in 2020. I prefer this version without the sunburst and I think 8F got close to the original finish.

The watch I believe is around 11mm, and gen is 8.1mm, but this is likely as good as it gets for now.

Cons:
  • Cross is not as beveled (look at this video at 0:43: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeisCwAfJL4)
  • Dial color does not have as much depth as gen
  • Thicker than gen - looks ~10-11mm thick to me. Gen is 8.1mm (insane).
  • Minor quibble - the hand base for the subdials have bevels on gen, whereas this hand base is more like a 'round' base with no beveling.
  • Not quite sure what is going on with the constellation map on the moonphase disc, but it's a decent attempt but not perfect like gen.
Pros:
  • Overall a GREAT rep, I may pick one up.
  • All functions look like they work, including moonphase (of course month is manual but that's not really a con in my opinion as that's par the course)
  • Attention to detail has been attempted
  • All 3 straps are available for it (this is huge)

Last edited:

zooha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
Netherlands
This is an amazing watch. Especially the rose gold one with the blue. I hope they update this rep so it becomes NWBIG like!

aqmatthews

3/6/21
Really love this rep man. Gonna place an order today for the white/rose gold and the grey dial.

aqmatthews

3/6/21
Placed my order for the grey and white dial. Will share QC PICS when I approve them. Does anyone know the size and dimensions of the strap. I want to order some some straps before the watch arrives. Is the following picture accurate:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I'll be buying the blue dial. Regarding strap sizing, I would probably just wait until it arrives as it could be different. I know the BP Factory 4500V has a slightly slimmer notch than gen.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I'll be buying the blue dial. Regarding strap sizing, I would probably just wait until it arrives as it could be different. I know the BP Factory 4500V has a slightly slimmer notch than gen.

Me too, blue dial / RG case with the rubber. And will add a real blue croco by one of our strap makers on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: aqmatthews

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
Hello,

Long time lurker but this is the one model that I'll be happy to popping my rep cherry to.

One question, will TDs supply all three straps, it appears that's possible on vs-watches but I don't know if they're reputable.

Thanks

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Hello,

Long time lurker but this is the one model that I'll be happy to popping my rep cherry to.

One question, will TDs supply all three straps, it appears that's possible on vs-watches but I don't know if they're reputable.

Thanks

Trustytime allow you to order the straps separately, but only if you order the watch.

Reactions: Andy83n

Cgentile

24/2/21
I haven’t even been able to see this yet, trustytimes website never works for me. . . What is the cost of this?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

aqmatthews

3/6/21
So spoke to a Chinese supplier and he told me that the moonphase does not work sadly and in fact functions more like a 24 hour indicator. I honestly don’t care the rep it self looks gorgeous.

He sent me two videos of the watch. Anyone know how I can add videos on here ?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
So spoke to a Chinese supplier and he told me that the moonphase does not work sadly and in fact functions more like a 24 hour indicator. I honestly don’t care the rep it self looks gorgeous.

He sent me two videos of the watch. Anyone know how I can add videos on here ?

You have to upload them into YouTube or similar and post the link here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk