• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron questions for ignorant newbee...

Barzac

Looking Around
20/7/21
Hi, I am new to the forum but very glad to have found it as am slowly but surely moving more into the nicer rep world.

My question is that I have a couple of excellent reps (AP Royal Oaks) from approx 10 years ago that are both still pretty much as new and pretty indistinguishable in quality and weight....whereas I have just received my 1st recent times purchase of a VC Rep (Traditionelle Tourbillion) and although seemingly lovely and surprising accurate in width and depth measurements and general finer detailing....it is certainly much lighter than expected; certainly in comparison even to my Tag H Carrera (albeit solid steel)? Following some online searching it seems that this may be correct with various mentions online of around 175g - in which case they are fairly light watches anyway - I would be grateful if someone with better knowledge than me can confirm if this is true?

I also would appreciate it if someone could could point me in the direction of a reputable box supplier on / through here?

Thank you :)
Olly

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Yes, Tourbillon and "skeletonised" watches are very light. When I got my Breguet Tradition I was pretty shocked by the weight and thought it was a big tell, however after trying on the gen, it too was a featherweight despite being gold. I think if you are used to a big, squared off, chunky watch like a Royal Oak or a Submariner, then a round slim watch like a vacheron will by definition be extremely light.

Barzac

Looking Around
20/7/21
Okay, thats good to hear and so thank you for putting my mind at ease!