• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory Vacheron Constantine Fiftysix Complete Calendar

anjita

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/22
..so would be interested what exactly you mean Anjita

I mean there is a tiny piece of metal stuck in the rotor , take that out it will work. Ask a watchsmith open the watch and look carefully he will find that piece of tiny metal stuck to the rotor when we hand wind it. Just took that out and reoil the watch.

Reactions: extrememike

opus_one

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
5/4/22

Just wanted to thank folks in this thread for all the information. I was on the fence about getting this watch and I'm so glad I did. It is a beauty. As others mentioned, the strap is quite crap and I've already ordered a new one.

Cheers!

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
Very nice, I've gone down the gen strap route as well. Few bits fluff on the dial as well.

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
Fluff is;

882fc56c0dcf02e732f73f0017add945.jpg

And not that awful American marshmallow spread

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
yep, needs a good cleaning. but, no complaints overall. where'd you get the gen strap from?

VC boutique…. Boutique prices too, more expensive than JLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
Not yet, due to Brexit and CITES, I've been quoted upto 2 months for the strap, the watch head is with Ado being de-fluffed.

There are some pictures of a blue faced 56 on a gen a couple of pages back.

STRETCH101

Horology Curious
10/6/22
I'm going to replace my strap with a new one what size strap did you guys go with?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I'm going to replace my strap with a new one what size strap did you guys go with?

Gen is a 20mm at lug and 18mm at clasp. Some on this thread prefer a 20 x 16 but that's not how it's "supposed" to look.

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/6/14
No, 75 x 115.

Here’s mine on a gen strap that arrived a few days ago.

ebc840d62928391714c32f818900d014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: opus_one

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I just received this watch and it is indeed a beauty!

Just curious, the day of the week does not switch over automatically and I have to manually adjust it every morning. Is this how it’s meant to be? Also, when I adjust it I have to push the pusher once to get to a blank day and only after pushing it a second time does it get to the correct day.

Is all this normal?

Thanks

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
It should wind through the day, but it does this long after the date as engaging multiple gears at once is too much for the movement. Blank day between correct days is normal also.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
It should wind through the day, but it does this long after the date as engaging multiple gears at once is too much for the movement. Blank day between correct days is normal also.

What do you mean by “it should wind through the day”? That it should change in its own or that it needs to be manually reset every morning? Also what about the month, does that change in its own?

Thanks

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
What do you mean by “it should wind through the day”? That it should change in its own or that it needs to be manually reset every morning? Also what about the month, does that change in its own?

Thanks

Yes it should change the day, after it has finished the date. I can shoot you a video if you like.