• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory Vacheron Constantine Fiftysix Complete Calendar

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
hi there guys I have the gen model of the complete calender silver dial, is there anyone in the UK with the ZF Rep? Im thinking of doing a gen vs ZF comparison so hit me up if ur keen to help!

I have the ZF rep in blue dial. Does it helps?

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Hi guys, mine arrived Friday and I think I share the consensus, lovely rep, moonphase pusher location not a big deal, strap trash.

I do have an issue though that the moonphase pusher doesn’t work. Did anyone else have that problem too? Not sure if I should send to local watch smith to try to fix..

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
Are you sure it doesn't work? I thought the same but each click moves the moon very slowly.... Try to click like 20 times. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Are you sure it doesn't work? I thought the same but each click moves the moon very slowly.... Try to click like 20 times. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Yes bud, the pusher doesn’t actually click like day / month do. The only way I can describe is that it feels spongey.

Anyway, I’ll be ordering a ziczac before wearing which buys some time for a fix ????

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
I'm sorry to hear that. Let's hope it's a easy fix. I managed to source a genuine strap that's in transit. 3 times the price of zic zac so not sure if it's worth it.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I have the same problem with a Patek moonphase which has the same movement. I think it's an issue with the movement / lubrication I'm afraid.

HuLarious

Looking Around
4/6/21
Yes bud, the pusher doesn’t actually click like day / month do. The only way I can describe is that it feels spongey.

Anyway, I’ll be ordering a ziczac before wearing which buys some time for a fix ????

What size ziczac did you order for this watch?

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
What size ziczac did you order for this watch?

Be interested to know strap sizes too and whether its a curved or straight and how much padding, also want a couple of ZZ straps so would like to get the ball rolling.

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
While the stock strap is 20x18, I think 18mm buckle end is ridiculous looking on such a vintage-like piece. It isn’t harmonious whatsoever with the overall aesthetics of the watch design.

20x16 is much more elegant and appropriate IMO. As a collector for many decades of mostly vintage watches, this is solely based on my empirical opinion. 18mm makes the watch look too thick, and quasi-sportswatch. It negates the gentlest svelte wide and narrowing curves of the watch case.

I slapped on a 16mm VC buckle. Now the watch (too me) has vintage flair with contemporary case and lugwidth sizing. IDK why VC chose 18mm - maybe to help snag the eyes of new wealth under 35 customers who only know bulky sportswatches?

Personal opinion. Yours will vary from mine no doubt!

Last edited:

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
20x18 is even hard to find, I did the same 20x16. I find the watch goes really well with a semi glossy leather band as well, matches the dial and makes it pop.

extrememike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/21
Bought my fiftysix back in October but I started to wear it more often now.

After winding it and setting the time, date etc. noticed the watch would not keep time.

I suspect the issue is related to the rotor getting stuck.

You can see in the picture below how the rotor is defying gravity and not balancing back down.

You can actually induce some rotation and is clear how it will get stuck at some point.

I have taken a closer look and 1 or 2 out of the 3 screws holding the rotor in place are not completely flush. I assume this is causing som drag somewhere.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don’t have tools to open the case but Is there anything that will come out of place if I take the rotor out and try to place the screws correctly. Hopefully is not cross threaded.

I’m located in CONUS.

194b06aa6cbbfd8c4fcbaf4984a95278.jpg

extrememike

13/8/21
Needs some oil man!

Fair. That could improve the rotation. But the fact that is getting stuck on the same place indicates that the rotor is not level or there is something catching on that side.

Have a link for the right case opener and recommended oil?

Thanks

extrememike

13/8/21
Can’t comment on the oil but this is the case back tool you’d need.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/bergeon-swiss-jaxa

You can get them on eBay locally, reasonable quality for a lot less £££/$$$

Thanks. The Bergeons are fairly expensive but found some Chinese made for 1/10 of the price. Funny what you find on ebay when looking for a “Jaxa wrench” ????????
54054e32f7a6b8c50a232b45d2c8a950.jpg

Reactions: keisuke_z

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
Fair. That could improve the rotation. But the fact that is getting stuck on the same place indicates that the rotor is not level or there is something catching on that side.

Have a link for the right case opener and recommended oil?

Thanks

Here is a really great article which demystifies watch oil and really breaks it down. You want to use Moebius 9010. My rotor on this watch was a f*cking helicopter before, I am a relative watch noob and found it quite simple to oil the rotor. I can’t speak for everybody, but my rotor has been silent since.

https://nobswatchmaker.com/blog/art-of-oiling-in-watchmaking

Reactions: RedBearrd