• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory Vacheron Constantine Fiftysix Complete Calendar

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
The silver dial is stunning, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Thanks :) I am really excited to it. Did you Change the Dial already?

Do you have more pics of the Silver one in the sun/outside?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Dial install complete! The center hole for the hands was too small so I had to drill it a bit wider. Unfortunately I caught the end of a sanding file on the dial and scratched it in 2 places, but you can't really tell at most angles. Overall very pleased I did the work myself.

A is rep dial, B is gen.
jLltUn.png

jLlWT4.png

jLl8bE.png

jLl6X2.png

jLlnqt.png

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Loving the RG version, with or without moon phase

m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE5NjMzNDQ3Ng==.html?pgcpgcid=UNjM1Mzk0NDIxMg%3D%3D&sharekey=0908ab577011153c889888ab896f3ac23

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
So here are some QC pictures. Do you think i'm being too particular in not being happy with the hand alignment? At the premium end of the Rep World, shouldn't these basics of assembly be expected from a factory? I'd expect it for my Seiko 5 which is far cheaper than this rep. It's a lot to pay someone to fix it when you're already paying for premium rep. Please kick me into line if you think i'm wrong here, it's just that i will be bothered by this when i wear it.

jUBGZK.jpg
jUB7RQ.jpg
jUBvBS.jpg
jUBuUW.jpg
jUBMbP.jpg
jUBR9R.jpg
jUBNhL.jpg
jUBfs8.jpg

Last edited:

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Hands are definitely off, and even though it would take a watch maker only 5 seconds to correct them, I'd ask for another one.

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada
When you say hands are off, are you talking about the minute hand and calendar date hand being too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
When you say hands are off, are you talking about the minute hand and calendar date hand being too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, hour hand vs the minute hand is off. At 12 o clock, the hour hand should be perfectly aligned with the minute hand, at 3 o clock the hour hand is also just past where it should be.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
such a beautiful watch. If i weren't afraid of gold plated i would also have taken the Choco. Nice man!

Reactions: pistebasher

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Both gorgeous reps of a beautiful watch. I love that it has a reliable movement as well. Great pics both. I've been waiting for a newer fiftysix to become available and the complete calendar really hits the mark. In an update to the QC photos i posted, my TD is arranging to have it fixed, thanks for the feedback pistebasher.

Reactions: pistebasher

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
such a beautiful watch. If i weren't afraid of gold plated i would also have taken the Choco. Nice man!

I've had no issues with my gold zf JLC and I've had that a year, but these are not daily beaters. I wear them for special occasions only!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I've had no issues with my gold zf JLC and I've had that a year, but these are not daily beaters. I wear them for special occasions only!

yes, if worn as daily beaters i dont believe it will last this long. I wear all my watches in a rotation, so this one too.

But i think ZF does a good job with the plating.