Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent customer service and outcomes! Highly recommend!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent customer service and outcomes! Highly recommend!!

I contacted Dave a few weeks back about potentially making a B&R WW1 that I had recently acquired to be hand-wind only. It had a noisy 2813 movement in it, and after some discussions Dave let me know the side-effects (could over-wind it as there wasn't a way to make this movement truly convert to hand wind or swap it to something that would give feedback of being overwound). I was fine with that as I will wear the watch only on occasion as I have it on a nice authentic grey croc strap and will keep the wind count at 20 or less. The gen is hand-wind only anyway. Dave so great, send it over-- that's very minimal job for him to accomplish. I also wanted his once over on the movement and if it did need cleaned/lubed or whatever, to keep me posted.

This is when my mind started turning a bit and since I was sending him one watch, and he didn't seem to have a lead time on beginning work on it.. I figured why not ask about my Omega Speedy from Marv that has the ST1902 in it. I've had this watch for a year now and put it on a bomber leather jack strap from strappedfortime via a prior deal w/ NCRich on a Milgauss. It's an amazing strap and honestly an awesome bang for the buck, hence the shoutout about it. Anyway, this watch sees the most wrist time, goes on my vacations and travels.. it's what I regard as my daily driver so to speak. I was wanting the ST1902 hand-wind movement inspected and serviced if need be, BUT also I had tracked down a genuine Omega domed hesalite crystal for the Speedy that was recommended by a few others in the forum thread on here for this watch (in the Marvellous Replica area). I was fine with the stock sapphire crystal, but holy hell, I did not know what I was missing. I had never removed the gen Omega crystal from it's blister pack so I really didn't know nor did I give much thought to it. Anyway, I inquired with Dave about looking the watch over, pressing in the gen crystal, AND pinning the 6 o'clock subdial rather than following the hour hand. Which is one of the other major tells aside from the sub-dial spacing. Dave let me know what was involved with that, it is time intensive, but that he was quite capable and to send the watch along with the Bell & Ross.

Off the straps they went and into a USPS box sent over to him. I'm in a bordering state to him, so transit time for the parcel was awesome. We had great communication, receiving items..starting in on them. AND completion of the work and his analysis was within days of receiving. I was blown away. Dave let me know the work had been completed, but he wanted to keep an eye on both of them running for a few days before considering everything good to go. Fine with me, a few days pass, everything was a green light on his end. Quick shipping back and into my hands a few days ago.

All results delivered as ordered. The new crystal on the Speedy makes a HUGE improvement. It really shows the dial off and the domed areas play with the light. Plus just catching that mid Omega anit-counterfeit laser etched in symbol is always a nice perk too . Sub-dial a 6 pegged at '12'. The B&R is silent now, hand-wind only. I couldn't have asked for more in this transaction and commerce.

An asset to the community-- I look forward to doing more business with Dave in the future. As I hope others will give him a try too... as much as I'd like to keep him a low-key secret on this forum so his lead times never climb to crazy amounts, he completely deserves to be out of the probationary status ASAP.

Cheers and thanks again Dave!
    Last edited by zikzak; 05-05-18, 17:51.
    Reps: V6F Pam 048, JF 114300 Grey, 6204 Sub Blk Gilt Dial, 6541 Milgauss, Omega Speedmaster MotM
    Gen: Rolex 1024 OP 14k

Thanks for the kind words and I hope to do business with you again.

Comment

Pics always help garner people's attention.

Reps: V6F Pam 048, JF 114300 Grey, 6204 Sub Blk Gilt Dial, 6541 Milgauss, Omega Speedmaster MotM
      Gen: Rolex 1024 OP 14k

Comment

Working...
      X