• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ulysse Nardin El Toro - Review

krispee

1/5/12
Awesome review.

I didn't know I needed this watch until PT just put up the newest version this weekend, went looking for similar reviews and came across yours.

https://puretime.io/executive-el-tor...ian-un-32.html

Looking at the new pics they have up, how do you think this one (I know you can only look) compares to what you have?

Well, they've improved the design, have to say, the pushers are close to the original now, and the crown is also better. The movement is different than mine, I can't say whether that's better or worse, but if they've spent the money to improve the design then it would be weird not to also improve the movement. They say it's the best one yet and it does look it, just much more expensive than mine was.
They still haven't quite managed to sort out the colours though, can't understand why.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Well, they've improved the design, have to say, the pushers are close to the original now, and the crown is also better. The movement is different than mine, I can't say whether that's better or worse, but if they've spent the money to improve the design then it would be weird not to also improve the movement. They say it's the best one yet and it does look it, just much more expensive than mine was.
They still haven't quite managed to sort out the colours though, can't understand why.

The watch that is reviewed by the OP was cheapie one, not high-end. Thanks for OP review but OP mistakenly compared two different color dial models.

The recently released replica watch is a high-end, more accurate, different version from TWA maker.

Two flaws still exist on the new one.
1. incorrect case model number on the case back.
2. incorrect color of the number panel on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoyania

krispee

1/5/12
Well it wasn't a cheap watch, not your off the street cheap, or dodgy website. I got it from Josh who has generally sold me decent watches. Of course it isn't as expensive as the the new version and obviously it's more expensive for a reason. They've spent a lot more time and effort in making it closer to the original. Clearly, although it would be nice, I'm not going to be spending more money on a newer version, don't have unlimited funds. It is nice though.
To be honest they haven't got the dial right on the new one either, not according to the photos posted here. So far, I haven't seen one that has.

Reactions: vcappp

corinth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/19
The watch that is reviewed by the OP was cheapie one, not high-end. Thanks for OP review but OP mistakenly compared two different color dial models.

The recently released replica watch is a high-end, more accurate, different version from TWA maker.

Two flaws still exist on the new one.
1. incorrect case model number on the case back.
2. incorrect color of the number panel on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, having got a UN El Toro recently, would also like to share some insights:
The watch is beautiful overall, and the GMT arm 12 hour difference from the actual time is fixed (the problem mentioned in original review).
But the mistakes on the watch versus the gen are so sarcastic in terms of shouting out that this is a rep.

Such as:
1)On the back, it is written that "Limited to 500 pieces", and my model number is 503. Ha ha ha..

2)The fuzzy toothpick pushers on the sides are the same as in the 100 USD street version of this same watch. I think a better replica should have differentiated from that whereas the gen has no such regulation. This also gives an opinion about the mechanism that expensive reps are just a beautified version of the same mechanism used on street versions.

3)On the see-through mechanism, it is written "34 THIRTY FOUR TEWELS". Seriously??? How can the producer (TWA) not see this and correct to "JEWELS" all these years? Cmon guys! :D

VYRAFF.jpg

VYR50D.jpg

VYRru0.jpg

krispee

1/5/12
corinth - Not sure where you got yours but mine is definitely a better quality finish on it. It has other differences, obviously a different movement (mine's gold), no 'tewels', and no '503'. but the finish is the most striking thing for me, I can literally see the tarnishing on the lugs.
So far mine is in limbo, I can't wear it because the strap is just so awkward for me, it doesn't sit right. I'm working on a replacement but that's going to take a while. I would love to get one of the better versions but that may never come.

corinth

8/2/19
corinth - Not sure where you got yours but mine is definitely a better quality finish on it. It has other differences, obviously a different movement (mine's gold), no 'tewels', and no '503'. but the finish is the most striking thing for me, I can literally see the tarnishing on the lugs.
So far mine is in limbo, I can't wear it because the strap is just so awkward for me, it doesn't sit right. I'm working on a replacement but that's going to take a while. I would love to get one of the better versions but that may never come.

Hi, I got it from Puretime, and this is the best model out there at the moment. 503 does not bother me, as well as the toothpick pushers. The tarnishing you mentioned is not tarnishing, it is just oil form skin during wearing, as I made photo without wiping it.
Regarding "tewels", and other details, can you pls share photos of your watch?
thanks

Aventador S

6/5/19
I got a blue one recently from Trustytime. Nice watch, #351. My wrist is a bit larger so it sits well and the strap curve is fine. Overall quality seems pretty good. Rocking the watch so the autmotic pendulum winds it is a bit noisy compared to other automatics. I can live with it so long as it teeps on ticking. It's not my fav of the my lot but is a good match flashy watch when wearing jeans. I've had it a couple months and so far no issues. Buying from trustytime was a good experience. He was patient enough on a couple rejections before I settled my order. Shipping was pretty quick.

Reactions: krispee

krispee

1/5/12
Hi, I got it from Puretime, and this is the best model out there at the moment. 503 does not bother me, as well as the toothpick pushers. The tarnishing you mentioned is not tarnishing, it is just oil form skin during wearing, as I made photo without wiping it.
Regarding "tewels", and other details, can you pls share photos of your watch?
thanks

Hi Corinth.
Sorry for the late reply but I hardly ever visit here. I don't really collect reps anymore as I don't have the funds, plus I'm working on my own watch design (watch case and strap, hands, dial etc - using a Sellita movement) and have got so far with it, on and off, it's a long project and I'm taking my time. I've thought about starting a thread but never get around to it.
I haven't got anymore photos for the Toro I'm afraid. I honestly would like to get the better version but as I said, no funds to spare.

Last edited:

Mille Voci

7/7/20
Italy
Hi, having got a UN El Toro recently, would also like to share some insights:
The watch is beautiful overall, and the GMT arm 12 hour difference from the actual time is fixed (the problem mentioned in original review).
But the mistakes on the watch versus the gen are so sarcastic in terms of shouting out that this is a rep.

Such as:
1)On the back, it is written that "Limited to 500 pieces", and my model number is 503. Ha ha ha..

2)The fuzzy toothpick pushers on the sides are the same as in the 100 USD street version of this same watch. I think a better replica should have differentiated from that whereas the gen has no such regulation. This also gives an opinion about the mechanism that expensive reps are just a beautified version of the same mechanism used on street versions.

3)On the see-through mechanism, it is written "34 THIRTY FOUR TEWELS". Seriously??? How can the producer (TWA) not see this and correct to "JEWELS" all these years? Cmon guys! :D

VYRAFF.jpg

VYR50D.jpg

VYRru0.jpg

LOL 503/500
WTF