• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

bad idea for a patina on a bronze chimera

late

Known Member
23/9/12
I bought this a few years ago and have enjoyed it, but was wanting the patina to develop faster than it was.

Well, my house caught fire last month and after digging through the sodden ash and ceiling insulation and other debris in my room i found this guy.
117s8eo.jpg

Still runs great, but smells a bit like a campfire.
Here it next to the Zenith type 20 from another are of the room.
2143xxs.jpg

EDIT: Don't try this at home.

Reactions: C Master

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
Glad you have a sense of humour about it, that must have been an awful experience!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Sounds like YOU are alright, and let's face it, even if those watches were gens, THAT'S the main thing! Cheers!!

mail

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I actually kind of like the patina that it's developed, although I most definitely do not like how it developed it and I feel very sorry hearing that happened. hopefully you can recover quickly from what I'm sure was a very traumatic experience.

late

Known Member
23/9/12
Thanks, yeah people (and pets) are all OK. Everything else can be replaced or rebuilt. Still wouldn't recommend this method of patination.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yeah, nice effect and a hell of a back story but not the best way of achieving patina. Glad all are OK mate.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wow , looks great !

sorry for your house , but im glad you and your loved ones were unscathed

P.S. the campfire smell might be better that the penny smell ive smelt on some bronze watches

Arthur Dore

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/20
MEXICO
Excuse me friend, will you have more photos of your watch? The ones you hung up are gone, I would appreciate it a lot