bad idea for a patina on a bronze chimera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad idea for a patina on a bronze chimera

I bought this a few years ago and have enjoyed it, but was wanting the patina to develop faster than it was.

Well, my house caught fire last month and after digging through the sodden ash and ceiling insulation and other debris in my room i found this guy.

Still runs great, but smells a bit like a campfire.
    Here it next to the Zenith type 20 from another are of the room.

EDIT: Don't try this at home.

Glad you have a sense of humour about it, that must have been an awful experience!

Comment

Sounds like YOU are alright, and let's face it, even if those watches were gens, THAT'S the main thing! Cheers!!

Midnight Rider[S][/S]

Comment

I actually kind of like the patina that it's developed, although I most definitely do not like how it developed it and I feel very sorry hearing that happened. hopefully you can recover quickly from what I'm sure was a very traumatic experience.
        My wish list:
        Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Thanks, yeah people (and pets) are all OK. Everything else can be replaced or rebuilt. Still wouldn't recommend this method of patination.

Comment

Yeah, nice effect and a hell of a back story but not the best way of achieving patina. Glad all are OK mate.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
            hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Wow , looks great !

sorry for your house , but im glad you and your loved ones were unscathed

P.S. the campfire smell might be better that the penny smell ive smelt on some bronze watches
              QFOAHDT

Comment

Excuse me friend, will you have more photos of your watch? The ones you hung up are gone, I would appreciate it a lot

Comment

Working...
                X