• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Brace of Bronze U-Boats

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
I've always had a thing for U-Boats although they are very much a Marmite brand, In the early years I tried one of the Thousand's of Feet (1888) and a 43mm Flightdeck and although I liked the style I was disappointed in the quality.... Until now. I bought a rep Chimera Bronze and just loved it and quickly went out and bought a gen Classico 45mm, very very happy with it and the quality is up there with the rest of my gens so this ones going to be a keeper:)

So here's a couple of pics, one next to my Rep Chimera (soon off for some modding ) and of course a wristie

IMG_3383 by Bilko169, on Flickr

IMG_3360 by Bilko169, on Flickr

Reactions: Fridge_Magnets

voxx

15/2/16
Much love. Your 2 watches are beautiful ...the Chimera is stunning.

Seeing a picture of a U Boat watch is what got me started in this hobby and after many bad purchases, to this site.
I have 2 but they are not TD quality reps however both are still running and are decent ... A quartz carbo Chimera as well as a quartz Flightdeck.

I did purchase 2 rather cheap auto Flightdecks that stopped working 20 mins after I got them before paying a little more and getting the quartz ones.

What mods are you going to have done ?

I'd love to see what Pratt could do with my white dial Flightdeck .

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
No Mods on the Classico required :happy: The AR on the Chimera is rubbish so off to get the crystal sorted, movement serviced and calibrated, although it only gains a few secs a day the minute hand gains 2 minutes!! (all part of the rep game) I am also having a gen U-boat strap fitted, I say fitted as the strap bars are glued in and have soft heads so I don't want to risk damaging them trying to fit it myself, other than that the watch is superb and a keeper, next project is going to be either a 45mm Stratos or this
https://www.horando.de/18965-large_default/u-boat-classico-45-lw-movelock-8079.jpg

I've had all the usual makes and bored with dive and pilot watches, so its nice to be a bit different and have something not often seen in the wild.

voxx

15/2/16
".... bored with dive and pilot watches"

same here ... I stopped wearing watches completely until I saw that Flightdeck and had to have one.
I eventually found my way here and saw a Pam Bronzo which I bought form a TD here ...only other watch I find interesting besides the U-Boat line.
I'd love to get a U-42 unicum rep if it's ever made but interest seems to be low for U-boats these days. The U-42 would have to be one of the 47mm ones because no way could I rock a 53 with my tiny wrists.
They do have some decent U-42 reps out there in 47mm but they're hard to find and most have a second hand dial unlike the real Unicum

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Us two seem to be the only uboat fans left yet they sold plenty of rep U-42 and chimeras

I am also after a u-42 and have a WTB on here and RG but as you say, no one wants to part with one which I suppose is a big vote for them ( or all are broken)

You are right, they are a good rep but the small second hands are a big give away, not that you see many gens in the wild so doesn’t bother me that much, I want one to see how they wear as you can pick up a gen for good money s/h

Now thinking about letting go of my SMPc for a Movelock or Stratos,a lot would say NOOOOOOO don’t do its an Omega but it’s what you get the most pleasure from wearing than counts.

Reactions: Arthur Dore

JM79

Known Member
17/1/17
Always fancied a Unicum, but I love the bronze Chimeras too.

D

d4m.test

I allways wanted the unicum to be repped but seems like a distant dream now.

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
I would just like a std rep U-42, had a wtb up on both forums and also a show us your U-Boat up on RG but nothing, do people know U-Boats still exist !!!! specially as the new Gens are very good indeed

D

d4m.test

at
I would just like a std rep U-42, had a wtb up on both forums and also a show us your U-Boat up on RG but nothing, do people know U-Boats still exist !!!! specially as the new Gens are very good indeed

at least Toro did the Chimera Bronze. Im just waiting for my pam 671 and the Chimera is next. Toro is the only td that showed some love for U boat.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk

Yea but there are no demand anymore for Uboat. The U42 was repped probably 6 or 7 years ago. and they dont tend to remake another run of a watch unless there is a big demand for it.

Replica Envy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/20
Us two seem to be the only uboat fans left yet they sold plenty of rep U-42 and chimeras

I am also after a u-42 and have a WTB on here and RG but as you say, no one wants to part with one which I suppose is a big vote for them ( or all are broken)

You are right, they are a good rep but the small second hands are a big give away, not that you see many gens in the wild so doesn’t bother me that much, I want one to see how they wear as you can pick up a gen for good money s/h

Now thinking about letting go of my SMPc for a Movelock or Stratos,a lot would say NOOOOOOO don’t do its an Omega but it’s what you get the most pleasure from wearing than counts.

OH no.. your not the only U-Boat fan for sure. I have a gen Left Hook IFO Chrono that I love and I would love to find a bronze Chimera Rep to match my Pam Bronzo but apparently they dont make the U-Boat reps anymore. Which is absolutely heartbreaking.

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Count me in. Would love a bronze Chimera Rep also. Flight deck AKA hockey puck and capsoil which has beautiful dial with hands that "float".....

Reactions: PAM_BOY