• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a BIG U-boat!

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
Hi
I´m a new member and I am a BIG fan of BIG watches, in fact the bigger the better! My favorites are the PAM 341 Egiziano and a big U-boat. (I´m looking för the Egi on the Panerai forum). Here I´m now looking for a big U-boat, at least 50 mm size, preferably 55 mm. I´ve seen 55 mm U-1001 on som webpages. For me the size is more important than if it´s a U-1001 or a Chimera or whatever. Does anybody know of any reps for these big ones?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I had U-42 at 47mm but there is also 52-53mm version and for <$200 it's really nice watch. With 18mm thickness it's really bulky and it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
I had U-42 at 47mm but there is also 52-53mm version and for <$200 it's really nice watch. With 18mm thickness it's really bulky and it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Hi, sounds nice! Where can I find this version?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
It's the only one on the market, just ask any of TD's to find you one.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Yes, that was available a year or two ago (not with Swiss case though :lol:) but I'm not sure if you'll still find it. Those watches aren't the most popular ones so they might be out of stock and not in production anymore. It would be the best to send a picture of it to one of our TD's and ask if they can find it.

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
Yes, that was available a year or two ago (not with Swiss case though :lol:) but I'm not sure if you'll still find it. Those watches aren't the most popular ones so they might be out of stock and not in production anymore. It would be the best to send a picture of it to one of our TD's and ask if they can find it.

OK, thanks! Well that was just an example of a big U-boat. I´v now found a 52 mm U-42 at Torobravos. Not sure if I like the blue text though.
http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&path=108_126&product_id=100

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
My Flightdeck 50mm, pretty sure not available anymore:

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Maybe something for you to consider, Graham Chronofighter. Not that big at 46 but really thick and bulky because of the trigger on the left.

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
He only have blue one listed but there are a lot of them available so just ask for your favorite one. :)

Thanks again! I´ve also found some U42´s at Puretime. He seems to have some different colors in stock.
Actually I like the kind of beige color that you have on yours! Thanks for the pics by the way - Nice watches. I really like the Graham too - think I have to check this brand out!

In your experience, should I order from Puretime or Torobravos?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Thanks again! I´ve also found some U42´s at Puretime. He seems to have some different colors in stock.
Actually I like the kind of beige color that you have on yours! Thanks for the pics by the way - Nice watches. I really like the Graham too - think I have to check this brand out!

In your experience, should I order from Puretime or Torobravos?

Yeah, being new around here this might be unknown to you but all dealers are getting watches from the same places/factories so no matter which one you ask for specific watch, they'll be able to get you one just like any other dealer here. As for the stock, don't always believe what they say as they don't update their websites regulary so it can be easily out of stock.
Graham is really nice too but same like with U-Boat, they aren't popular so might also be hard to get one from dealers. Maybe you should keep your eye on members sales section, they come up for sale from time to time.

In my experience, you should copy links to watches you want on Puretime's website and send it to Sead (Supermirrors) to find you one. At the beginning you might be suspicious why I recommended him, but after some emails and few watches you buy from him, I'm sure you will thank me for that. :) I've dealt with many dealers here including Toro (never from Puretime though but I have my reasons why) and Sead is by far the best out there. I'm sure many will agree on that. ;)

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
Yeah, being new around here this might be unknown to you but all dealers are getting watches from the same places/factories so no matter which one you ask for specific watch, they'll be able to get you one just like any other dealer here. As for the stock, don't always believe what they say as they don't update their websites regulary so it can be easily out of stock.
Graham is really nice too but same like with U-Boat, they aren't popular so might also be hard to get one from dealers. Maybe you should keep your eye on members sales section, they come up for sale from time to time.

In my experience, you should copy links to watches you want on Puretime's website and send it to Sead (Supermirrors) to find you one. At the beginning you might be suspicious why I recommended him, but after some emails and few watches you buy from him, I'm sure you will thank me for that. :) I've dealt with many dealers here including Toro (never from Puretime though but I have my reasons why) and Sead is by far the best out there. I'm sure many will agree on that. ;)

Thanks for the info - I´ll take your word for it and probably try ordering from Sead.

Talking about Graham, this one I think i really cool: http://www.2016asian.com/product_show.asp?P_id=1231

Badass!

Horology Curious
25/6/16
Good choice! ;)

That one is great but you will have jard time finding one. I always liked this one but they were never available and I only saw few people on this forum having one. If it will be available again, I'm ordering it immediately.

http://www.luxurybazaar.com/items/i...Oversize_Overlord_Mark_III_2OVASG01AK10B.html

Nice one! The only issue I have with the Grahams is that they all seem to have rubber straps. I´m not a big fan of rubber straps - prefer leather.
But maybe I´ll send Sead a "wishlist" - who knows, one of these unusual ones may be available at some time. But first things first - Egiziano and a big U-boat to start with!