• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chimera Carbonio

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
Just got this Rep Chimera last week while shopping at Bangkok. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not real forged carbon as the watch it quite heavy and it would also cost a lot more than the $200AUD I payed for it.

There are some differences compared to the Gen which I'll show in the picture below but I actually like the changes. For example, the date on the gen is black text on white background while the rep is the opposite. The gen has this curved brown devils/chimera tail on the dial while the rep doesn't. There's a few more difference but what I'm getting at is I like the rep look better than the gen. Mind you if I had $10k lying around, I would definitely get a gen but that wont happen till I win lotto.

Haven't seen this carbon version on any of the TD websites (I may have missed it) but I did find some on Ali Express and the pics look identical and similar in price. Love this watch so much that I'm looking at buying the B&B or the SS version from one of the TD listed on this forum. So without further ado, here's what she looks like

TyN0QlVl.jpg

below is a comparison between my rep and the gen

tp522DTl.png

Some different angles

dhMvMGMl.jpg

ujcsHUNl.jpg

14pwEnXl.jpg

Cheers people. PS. Let bring this U-boat section back Alive.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
I must admit that i'm not a fan of U-Boat but this one looks gorgeous ! And i agree on the fact that the rep looks better than the gen for the details that you pointed out !

Tempus fugit, utere.

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
Thanks pe.geffroy
I know what you mean by not being a fan of a certain brand and then you see a certain model that just catches your eye and makes you want to own it. I was never keen on Panerai because I like big chunky watches like U-boat. For some reason, every time a see a Panerai with a black bezel, black dial with the brown band and beige stitching, I think wow, That's a nice watch.

Don't know much about Panerai but the research I've done so far shows they make so many different models. I love the Luminor 1950 model and am looking for the style I mentioned above in 47mm or larger. It will be a well deserved Christmas present.

Masculine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/15
Very nice watch Mydinura, Can you point me in the direction where I can get a watch like yours ? I came to your thread looking for a U-42.

If you like big watches PAM 127 "Fiddy" would be a great choice. I just ordered mine through Toro.

Once again congrats on an awesome watch there.

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
Hi Masculine
I found this seller on Ali Express who is selling them http://s.aliexpress.com/rQ3yQj2e
Or you can go through the list of trusted dealers on this forum and send them a picture of the watch and see if they have it in stock or can get it in. 3rd option is if you know someone going to Bangkok and see if they can find one for you. From memory I don't remember seeing any of the carbon version from the TDs websites but they do have other Chimera versions available like the SS or Gold.
Had a look at the Pam 127. Nice but I want a Pam with a black case like the Pam441 ceramic or the Pam365 EOT from ts watch, that's apparently a 50mm beast.
cheers

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
Try have a look at the PAM 617 it is similar to the 127 same case size just that it is in black (DLC). Hope you'll like this one ;)

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
Try have a look at the PAM 617 it is similar to the 127 same case size just that it is in black (DLC). Hope you'll like this one

That's also nice. I have a friend who flew out to Thailand today. I've sent them a picture of the PAM617, PAM441 and PAM365 so fingers crossed, hopefully she'll find something in Bangkok. Thanks

voxx

15/2/16
I'm a little late coming into this thread but I have the exact same watch that I purchased about the same time as when this thread started. I Also got mine from Ali express from a seller that is no longer there. Mine has been running beautifully and gets plenty of wrist time.

It was a toss up between this and a U-42 but I found the 53mm a bit big for my wrist. I have since seen the 47MM U-42 available at one of the TD's here. You can chose the 53 or 47mm.
These are great looking watches that stand out from other makers and having seen a flight-deck is what got me back into watches .

I noticed that for the last few weeks ..nobody seems to be selling reps on ALie. The place used to be over run with dealers selling them. I wonder if they didn't do a crack-down on reps