• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep or Gen?

DrPuddington

Known Member
3/8/15
I'm tempted to get this I saw in some classified ad in Oz (Gumtree), though it was advertised as "certified by watch maker" I kind doubt the built of this watch. Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks!

15420369258b89a151b4f76976aca066.jpg

a255d0fc58fc1ae1dd7ab940f89e3ee2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Just doing a Google images search for "U Boat Tourbillon" this watch appears, but mainly on rep dealers. There seems to be a legit U Boat Tourby, but it has an 8 day movement and PR on the front, etc.

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
I'm tempted to get this I saw in some classified ad in Oz (Gumtree), though it was advertised as "certified by watch maker" I kind doubt the built of this watch. Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, How much was this sellers asking price? style looks pretty much the same as one of my reps I bought in Bangkok a few years ago.
tBxJV1Il.png

DrPuddington

Known Member
3/8/15
Just out of curiosity, How much was this sellers asking price? style looks pretty much the same as one of my reps I bought in Bangkok a few years ago.
tBxJV1Il.png

If I'm not wrong it was about 800AUD? It was listed as "certified authentic by local watchmaker" hahaha.

Mydinura

Horology Curious
7/12/15
If the local watchmaker is the person on that business card, a Google search for Keith Sweetman and that mobile number show no real hits. Just some gumtree search results that lead no where. Seems sus so it was a good idea you didn't pursue it.
Someone on eBay is trying to auction a used u-boat with a $500 starting bid. Says near new condition but the photos clearly show its been neglected. Also looks like a rep. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151913488800&globalID=EBAY-AU

Im thinking I should report it