• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to unscrew a stacked screw

TimosL

24/12/18
Athens, Greece
The title says it all :)

A screw that holds a bracelet or strap edge. Shall I put a drop of WD-40 and leave it some time, or it will damage the watch? Any other trick?

Last edited:

TimosL

24/12/18
Athens, Greece
So the title is not written correctly apparently, should say "stuck screw" but I can not edit it.

I tried everything I found in the internet, I used rubber to endure the screwdriver, WD40, vinegar instead of coka cola, I even hit the screw and the screwdriver with a hammer (as gently as I could).

Shall I give up? Any other trick by any watchsmith?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So the title is not written correctly apparently, should say "stuck screw" but I can not edit it.

I tried everything I found in the internet, I used rubber to endure the screwdriver, WD40, vinegar instead of coka cola, I even hit the screw and the screwdriver with a hammer (as gently as I could).

Shall I give up? Any other trick by any watchsmith?

"Stick 'em with the pointy end"

https://www.amazon.com/Professional...ocphy=9013122&hvtargid=pla-719601155447&psc=1

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Sometimes, I am faced witch stuck screws and pins too. I have a great solution for those problems: instead of messing the watch up by myself, i am taking it to my lokal watchmaker and let him do the work. It just takes him minutes with his skills and tools and does not cost much. Best way to solve those problems.

TimosL

24/12/18
Athens, Greece
So you were both right. I took the watch to the watchmaker who in a minute used the above torch tool and unscrew the screw ;)

I've already mounted my leather strap :thumbsup:

Reactions: KJ2020