• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to age your Vintage Rolex (Bonesey style)

RickFlorida

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/15
Great tutorial! There some confusion though. In the tutorial, the crown tube replacement mentions the Rolex spline tool to install. But.....many of us buy the Athaya 702 crown and tube. According to him, he says a Rolex spline tool does not fit his, but one of the Torx bits do. Can anyone confirm?

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
Great tutorial, pity that some of the links no longer work, especially those towards the end regarding waterproofing a watch, pressure testing and putting the movement back into beat, I would love to see those!

domino3d

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/17
even this is few years old tut i have to say it is most detailed which i can find on the old intrawebz :p
i want to try myself on some cheaper watch first
frankly, i believe you was unsure about the output to the last second before putting it all together, but it ended up perfectly :)

Holla09

7/5/17
What if you want to make the dial more gen like without aging it? I going to try modifying a cartel 1675 as well but wanted to know if I painted lacquer and finished with a satin clear coat, it would be a step in the right direction.

D

d4m.test

For a newbie like me this tutorial is useful on so many levels!
Excellent work!

Reactions: ceri88

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
i can tell this is a great tutorial, however it's missing the pictures.

arb42

Horology Curious
12/8/18
i can tell this is a great tutorial, however it's missing the pictures.

You can still find the imgur links in the source code (HTML) of the first page. There are several ways to see it depending on your browser. In Firefox you can right click on the page and use 'view source' (or similar - I use a German locale).

Danster

Known Member
11/8/18
The imgur links don't work anymore unfortunately...shame..great info for newbs like me...thanks @bonesey

andre_hav

Horology Curious
16/7/18
Try opening the page with Firefox.
For all others, I downloaded the pictures and made a PDF file of it, problem the file is bigger than 14MB, so it´s not easy to send via email.