• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chinese 2813 - A novice's guide for dismantling, cleaning, servicing, assembling and adjusting

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thank you for this tutorial, very well documented. I'm getting into a 2813 as well and this helos a lot.
The thread is getting old, any updates planned?

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looking forward to your thoughts on the re-assembling. I hate the 2813 trying to fit the bridge on to four pinions... :D

There's actually 5 pinions that have to be stood up straight and fitted into jewels as the combo barrel/train bridge is replaced. It's ultra fiddly to do, the first time I tried it was more than 3 hours to get it on. It's like those jugglers with dinner plates on sticks. It gets easier with repetition but I don't have much tolerance for it anymore. Easier to just buy a new movement.

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19

There's actually 5 pinions that have to be stood up straight and fitted into jewels as the combo barrel/train bridge is replaced. It's ultra fiddly to do, the first time I tried it was more than 3 hours to get it on. It's like those jugglers with dinner plates on sticks. It gets easier with repetition but I don't have much tolerance for it anymore. Easier to just buy a new movement.

Hey man, would you mind guiding me how to put together the train wheels. Been 4 hours not able to set them yet. Would you have any photos?
here is mine , if you could let me know where exactly do i set them.
much thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey man, would you mind guiding me how to put together the train wheels. Been 4 hours not able to set them yet. Would you have any photos?
here is mine , if you could let me know where exactly do i set them.
much thanks

AGqxY.jpg

Reactions: Surftime

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for this. Going to get onto ebay to order some movements to test my skills, lr lack thereof yet, on. Appreciate the write up

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Top bridge goes back on at about 10:15. Trust me this is no fun.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Aaaand that's the moment when you turn the screws and hear the dreaded *crack of a jewel. Then proceed to cousinsuk.com and buy a new movement, ha.