• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[How to] Crystal sealing and waterproofing

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Yes, the press is essential. There is no way to apply equal pressure on all the areas if you do it by hand.
If you don't have UV sealant, it's best not to use any other glue. In this case hypo glue is used for finishing, and in other cases will mostly be used for plexis.

You can get most of the tools, including the press, from WatchBitz here on the forum. He is located in Australia and should have very reasonnable shipping fees to Japan.

Our thought go with you and your relatives regarding the recent issues. Take care buddy, and don't hesitate to shoot me a pm if you need anyting regarding crystal sealing.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
amazing thread, thanks for posting.
very informative indeed

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Just wanted to say thanks for this tutorial mate, well done, and thanks again!

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
This is great tutorial....would this be the same procedure for an IWC 3789 (Top Gun)?

Pomak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/17
Awesome tutorial. Thanx for posting. Do not be scared to try this gentlemen. It isn't that difficult, however, like any thing, proper tools do wonders. A crystal press is obviously key. They are inexpensive on ebay or amazon. And keep your finders covered properly.