• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How I rebuild the SUB lume pearl on the bezel

goin6633

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/08
Hi all ,

Some members ask me about how to relume the pearl on the bezel .
So I share how I did and show you all by pics .
I take a SUB as an example .

1. You need to remove the original pearl at first , be careful , the original pearl is very tough , don't hurt the bezel .
DSCN4763.jpg

DSCN4764.jpg

2.Prepare some lume pigment to use .
DSCN4765.jpg

3.Fill the pigment in the pearl stand , make it looks like the original size .
DSCN4767.jpg

4. Wait for a few hours after it full dry , you will find it become smaller and drop down unlike the original shape .
DSCN4768.jpg

DSCN4771.jpg

5. Prepare some clear varnish or binder and fill it on the top of the pearl like I do . Make it bigger like I show to you .
DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4773.jpg

6. After a few hours waitting , you will find the binder is dry and the binder becomes like a clear layer on the pearl . And we get a beautiful pearl .

DSCN4775.jpg

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4781.jpg

Thanks for watching and hope these can help you guys !

Reactions: keisuke_z

goin6633

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/08
Here comes the lume shot !
this SUB havn't done yet , I lost the sec hand so you guys will find it miss something .
DSCN4785.jpg

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
nice work .................................

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
It looks perfectly balanced goin. Well done.

goin6633

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/08
What do you use as a binder? OR is that the varnish?

Actually , Tritec call it varnish , and other call it binder .
So , they're all the same .
But the varnish is far different away from the varnish we usually get from the art shop . Just use the varnish with the relume kit .

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Nice read, thanks for taking the time to share this with us...

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
goin6633 what kit did you buy for that? that looks like it would do the job on my sub that I need to modify the pearl in very badly.

And is that top fill filled with lume in the varnish or is it varnish alone on top of the first lume coat?

goin6633

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/08
goin6633 what kit did you buy for that? that looks like it would do the job on my sub that I need to modify the pearl in very badly.

And is that top fill filled with lume in the varnish or is it varnish alone on top of the first lume coat?

The tools I used is the oiler as all the relumer , and ofcourse I prepare different sizes to do the relume on different things (dials , hands ...) . And all you need to do is practice , only practice can make perfect . I'm not perfect yet , but already better than what I did before .

About the pearl , just like you said , fill the clear on the top of the first lume coat .
The point is you have to wait for the first coat full dry . if you fill the top is not raised enough , just fill more times till you fill it OK . And remember , fill it after it's real full dry .

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi all ,

Some members ask me about how to relume the pearl on the bezel .
So I share how I did and show you all by pics .
I take a SUB as an example .

1. You need to remove the original pearl at first , be careful , the original pearl is very tough , don't hurt the bezel .
DSCN4763.jpg

DSCN4764.jpg

2.Prepare some lume pigment to use .
DSCN4765.jpg

3.Fill the pigment in the pearl stand , make it looks like the original size .
DSCN4767.jpg

4. Wait for a few hours after it full dry , you will find it become smaller and drop down unlike the original shape .
DSCN4768.jpg

DSCN4771.jpg

5. Prepare some clear varnish or binder and fill it on the top of the pearl like I do . Make it bigger like I show to you .
DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4773.jpg

6. After a few hours waitting , you will find the binder is dry and the binder becomes like a clear layer on the pearl . And we get a beautiful pearl .

DSCN4775.jpg

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4781.jpg

Thanks for watching and hope these can help you guys !

What was the second layer exactly?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So forgive my ignorance as I’ve never relumed anything. I know you mix the powder and make it into that liquid or paste that we see in one of your pics. But is there no actual pearl! Is it just a tiny little bowl fillled up with lume which has dried and hardened?