• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bracelet polishing : what are your tricks ?

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
I use this stuff now on all my metal bracelets. It cleans, lubes, polishes, and protects. No scrubbing. Very easy!

DSC00678.jpg

OP's (P4GTR on RWG.CC) instructions:

Don't be shy with the lube application. This isn't one drop, 3 in 1 oil. Remove the bracelet and lay it on some paper towels on an appropriate work surface. Shake the lube vigorously then immediately squirt a healthy
stream down the bracelet. Work it into the links by moving the bracelet around. I started with what I would consider an extremely clean bracelet, and after squirting lube on it, it was dripping black residue.

Let it sit and dry for a few. The solvent will evaporate and the wax in the dry lube will set. 10 minutes is more than enough time. Wash your bracelet in soap and water. Dry and buff with a towel.

No oily residue. No rattle. Great feel.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
On my polished center and brushed Rolex bracelet, I use a polishing brush drill bit and cover it in jewelers polish. Polish the entire bracelet there. Then I get painters tape and mark off the center of the polished portions. Use scotchbrite pads and run them up and down to get a deep brush going. Then I use 1000grit sandpaper to finish it off. If you’re OCD like I am, I cut out strips of sandpaper and run them through the links I can’t unscrew.

I also use clear tape and heat gun and cover the clasp, using a razor to cut the edges off. That keeps desk dive marks away for a while so I don’t have to do this every other week. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk