• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bracelet polishing : what are your tricks ?

guillaumelou

Known Member
27/2/09
All in the tittle ! What are your tricks to polish the bracelet SS of your watch ? I have read here to test Car Wax, I have done it this we, not bad, the bracelet is smoother and the shine not bad (i have done it with Meguiar NXT Tech Wax). Does someone have tested Miror ? What are your best tricks guys ?

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
logotrans.gif

This is my trick, autosol is dam* good in polishing metal..

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
alviando said:
logotrans.gif

This is my trick, autosol is dam* good in polishing metal..

Alviando.

Wont this cause marks/fine scratches in the bracelet if you have a polished ss one.
I think there is some abrasive in autosol?

I might be wrong about it, i´ve wanted to polish my bracelet for some time now, it´s got polished links. But I havent "dared" to do so yet.

Any suggestions are welcome.. = )

Regards

Mike

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
yes it will cause fine marks, but the marks will be finer than any table dive scratches.
I only use it on my submariner bracelet so far, it makes it look like gen steel haha.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Where do I get capecod, I heard of this long time ago, but I am situated in Singapore and there is no such thing as capecod. can I get it online???

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
alviando said:
Where do I get capecod, I heard of this long time ago, but I am situated in Singapore and there is no such thing as capecod. can I get it online???

Sure !
Bought mine on ebay : no Capecod in my country either.
Count with 5-6 dollars for 2 clothes.

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Pix said:
Capecod all the way !
Before I used either my dremel with some polishing agents for big scratches and car wax for small things.
Capecod is much easier to use and gives fantastic results.
On polished surfaces exclusively...

http://www.capecodpolish.com/products/m ... 1583a5261d

Oh, Ive heard that one before.
Maybe I should give it a try, I believe I have the capecod available just
around the corner.

Thanks for the tip

// Mike

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I use mothers mag and aluminum polish for basic polish:

Motorcycle-Polish-Mothers-Mag-And-Aluminum-Polish.jpg

White or red rouge or "jewelers rouge on a dremel at medium speed

150.jpg

I dont use capecod cloth, hard to find around hee. At work we have a drum of Never Dull . its used to polish up the pitch liks on the helo's after a service.

NeverDull.JPG

guillaumelou

Known Member
27/2/09
Ok guys, I have eared too of Capecod is it good for Brushed steal bracelet (Rolex Submariner) ?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
No it isn't. If you wipe too long it will turn your brushed steel into poilished.
You'd rather use a steel refinishing pen instead. also available on ebay. I never tried to date, but that will be my next purchase. Although I've been successful with steel wool until now.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
as PIX said, CapeCod is the best
I bought it directly from the web side :D :D :D

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Mothers aluminum and mag polish, just like in the pic of the previous post.

Used in on my Sub Oyster bracelet. Yes, it turned the brushed finish into a polished finish, but that is how I want it. Maybe not how Oyster bracelets are supposed to be, but I prefer a polished finish.

kimber45acp

16/3/09
I have to stand by Flitz. This stuff works so well and you only need to use a little bit of it. Flitz is non abrasive and works on all types of metals. I have the one in the small tube and it serves dual purpose as an excellent cleaner/polisher of firearms. Its the only polish I use on my guns, even ones that are blued or black, it's non-abrasive so it won't take the paint off.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Meguiars scratch-x...clearcote safe, so isn't an abrasive compound like some of the other metal polishes. Cape cod for me too...

Heron25

Known Member
4/12/08
I use Klasse AIO on SS bracelets. Has a steel and clearcoat safe light chemical cleaner to remove surface gunk/impurities and leaves a great protective layer on the ss to protect from sweat, etc. I use on all my cars and swear by the stuff.

On rubber straps, I use 303 protectant. No smell, not shiny and removes dust and helps repel it also. I'll post some pics later today.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
There's a shed-load of car detailing products that have uses in this hobby as well...now if I could only find a use for my Portercable... :p