• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to fix a recessed Cannon Pinion.

jimmyj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/10/09
With this tutorial we can still mess it up but that's a good thing, if your vac he should see a rise in fixing our mistakes!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
cybee, thanks for this post... i did all my cannon pin mods and keyless works repair with your advice.. thanks..

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
cybee, thanks for this post... i did all my cannon pin mods and keyless works repair with your advice.. thanks..

A little late here, two years to be exact, but your welcome Alvin. Nice to know some could be helped by the info.
happy-051.gif

Calibre16

31/1/12
I know this is a really old thread but I still want to say thanks and bump it up so that others can see it aswell.

I have always hated my CP, and I recently decided to buy a high/long CP. I haven't placed an order yet, but I was really bored so I decided to take the watch apart today so that it would be ready for the CP swap. When I took the watch apart I sort of noticed that my CP already was a long/high version, but that the minute hand didn't fit very well...:facepalm:

So, all I had to do was to file down the thing on the minute hand just like shown in this thread, and then it was perfect! So even though this thread is a few years old, I still wanna thank the OP. So thank you!

Before :facepalm::
cpbefore.jpg

After:thumbsup::
cpafter.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
So, all I had to do was to file down the thing on the minute hand just like shown in this thread, and then it was perfect! So even though this thread is a few years old, I still wanna thank the OP. So thank you!

I am glad you found this old thread Calibre16, and also glad you were able to fix your watch. Great job on your repair :cheers:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Well Photobucket finally removed all the photos. This means most every single photo I posted since I joined is kaput poof vanquished. I may try and redo some through Imgur if and when I get the time but until then, it was a good run :idontknow:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
then again I suppose the cannon pinion repair is no longer needed anyway, I don't hear of anyone doing it anymore but still it took hours of work with my old Nikon camera to get these up. Anyway I just need a little time to vent LoL. Heading to photobucket and dump my account to the trash, that will help :cheese:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
This thread has helped many, me included, and is a part of the basic skills set that any watch tinkerer needs to learn.
Someone should sue photobucket.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
This thread has helped many, me included, and is a part of the basic skills set that any watch tinkerer needs to learn.
Someone should sue photobucket.

Thanks Killowattore, that's nice to know. I guess I shouldn't have put all my eggs in the PB basket but once I get the time I'll rummage through my photos and try to get some of them back up.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I guess we're all in the same boat. Should my host do the same I'd loose years of reviews and build threads. I'd be very very pissed :(

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
then again I suppose the cannon pinion repair is no longer needed anyway, I don't hear of anyone doing it anymore but still it took hours of work with my old Nikon camera to get these up. Anyway I just need a little time to vent LoL. Heading to photobucket and dump my account to the trash, that will help :cheese:

Yep deleated mine yesterday, hundreds of pics across many forums but PB hasn't been working for me for some time so now it's gone.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yep deleated mine yesterday, hundreds of pics across many forums but PB hasn't been working for me for some time so now it's gone.

Used PB since 2006 with almost 1300 files uploaded just deleted the account. It takes them two days to delete the account. I would guess that almost half of the photos posted in watch forums were hosted by PB. Well, it was a good ride while it lasted, time to start over now :baby:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Used PB since 2006 with almost 1300 files uploaded just deleted the account. It takes them two days to delete the account. I would guess that almost half of the photos posted in watch forums were hosted by PB. Well, it was a good ride while it lasted, time to start over now :baby:

Bro, can you do your keyless works tut again please ?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Bro, can you do your keyless works tut again please ?

Dave I'll try to locate them and get them up later this week, I think I still have them. I have so many photos on my computer now unfortunately they're not all categorized but I think I can find them.