• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW TO: A simple & easy pictoral guide to modding your Rolex

DiverDown81

Known Member
28/9/16
When you take off the original bezel, do you just pry it off? Is there any way to switch the bezels without destroying them?

Aeatemad

Horology Curious
27/7/17
Can you update pics? Photobucket has disabled them. Perhaps direct upload to RWI?

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Echoing above, it seems a very well written in depth guide and is a shame that the pics don't work.

Xiaoxi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/18
Wow this guy just makes me want to get a sub now. Awesome tutorial

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Awesome post by the OP congrats!
Pictures works well.
Link for the right insert does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Excellent post but why not take the movement completely out? If you were just modding this by hand, it would be fine but I would not recommend leaving the movement inside the watch using a 4000rpm buffer. There is a lot of tiny little parts that could easily get loose in a case that’s vibrating that fast.

If you can get the stem out, you may as well just take the movement out. Those little jewels can get knocked out of place very easily and can cause issues later.

Overall, a great post. I remember having to try to figure this out myself. Picked up a pack of small files and damn near every type of sandpaper I could to mod my first 1680.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamure

Horology Curious
17/12/20
Conus
If there could only be one thread. This one could be it. Thank you for this.

Gen AJM

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/6/22
Under Humber Bridge
Couldn't agree more that there is no definitive answer to the best Sub. Although there are great great factories coming ever closer to the perfect 1:1, I feel that there won't ever be such, as mentioned also above. These factories need to keep making money, so each model will have flaws that are corrected, and new incredibly tiny flaws.

So, this tutorial is perfect for those wanting to build. Its also pretty fun, speaking from experience. I wish I found this forum and thread when i started out.

Top post!!

Reactions: Tucker