• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pictorial - PAM Lever DIY Mod. Easy to do, superior results!

jaguar2187

Looking Around
17/12/07
One of the Best

It's been awhile since I first read this tutorial. But, it's one of the best there is for PAM owners with lever issues!

angkikee

Known Member
14/12/10
Excellent tutorial! i just did this and it worked a treat! Instead of using the hot glue gun to push the CG pin, i used a soldering iron to heat up the whole assembly. It's faster and neater than risking glue over the assembly. However, be careful not to use the soldering iron tip. i used a portion close to the tip that was 'dry' i.e. no solder. this keeps the pin clean. apply heat to the pin itself so it goes through the hot glue in the lever.

cleaning up with acetone works like a charm. Thanks for the great tutorial!

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Just had a go at this!

Fantastic tutorial, many thanks. One of the easiest mods with brilliant results.

OW

kenworthy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/09
Excellent tutorial!
Thanks for this guide, just performed this mod on my PAM217 - with great results.
Like angkikee recommended, I used a soldering iron to heat the pin - worked like a charm.

I actually used a toothpick to push the pin out - so no wonder the CG lever was very loose, the pin popped right out with only a slight push.

Recommend that this guide be made sticky - took me a little searching to find it.

Relaxman

Renowned Member
3/8/06
Did this on my fiddy and it worked like a charm. I did use the soldering iron to heat up the pin which worked a lot faster and easier. Thank you again for this tutorial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wo0t

Horology Curious
6/10/12
It definitely works ! Tried it on my pam 111.. very good result.

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Swatchman - unless you're the admin for the website VintageWatchParts.co.uk, your tutorial was lifted and copied, words, pictures and all here

nennca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/15
Just did this mod on my new Noob 127. Gotta say it worked like a charm! Excelent post!