• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swap your crystal without removing the movement! TUTORIAL (PIC HEAVY)

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
Awesome. Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to order it.
Also, I'm planning to grease the gasket while I'm in there. So when people say "grease the gasket", they don't mean grease that gasket on the crystal but that silicon ring on the retaining ring?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Awesome. Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to order it.
Also, I'm planning to grease the gasket while I'm in there. So when people say "grease the gasket", they don't mean grease that gasket on the crystal but that silicon ring on the retaining ring?

You should not put any lubricants on the crystal gasket. I do not put any on the bezel gasket either though I've seen it done. My opinion is it's not needed and just attracts dirt and dust. Silicone grease goes on the black O rings for the case and tube/stem seals.

Reactions: rolexlover101

sea123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/17
Thank you sir am going to try mine. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubhdubhdubh

27/7/19
Daaaaaang man THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS! Ah sorry to shout, but this is great!

KalKala

27/11/18
I'm sorry, maybe it is only me and I can't get why this is happening: on other threads as well photobucket photos look quite blurry...

Platomates

5/6/23
Singapore
So we are in 2023 now, sorry for the noob question but would this tutorial be applicable to the CF 124060 Sub?