• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DIY Bezel Removal Tool

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Amazing that you got it off with that tool. Bezels with wire in them are meant to be removed by taking out the insert first, then unwinding the wire from under the protrusion on the case rim. Good job, looks nice!

Reactions: Essray

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
A razor blade and some masking tape is all I’ve ever had to use. Most of the time, you can pop them off if you pull evenly on both lug ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
So I bought one of these for my 41mm SMP

It works a treat. Costs £21.99 from eBay seller: tog_man_precision_watch_supplies

bezel-remover.jpg

Reactions: Essray

toto1989

Looking Around
14/4/16
St. Louis, Missouri USA
I posted this in the Omega section, but others may find it useful too:

Those UPO bezels can be a b*tch to get off....here's an easy and cheap way. You'll need a hockey puck (about $2), a hole saw (1 1/2"), a drill, a drill bit (size doesnt really matter), and a hand saw. Here we go:

1. Take the hockey puck and your drill bit, then drill a hole straight thru the center of the puck

2. Get your hole saw on the drill and start running it thru the bit hole you just made. Get as far as you can from one side, then flip the puck over and repeat until you've removed the center of the puck with your hole saw. You should now have a hockey puck donut.

3. Take your hand saw and cut out about 1" from the puck so you no longer have a donut puck, but more like a "C" puck and you're done

Now to use it, place it on your bezel, squeeze hard, pull straight up off the watch, and twist the opposite way the bezel rotates and your bezel will come right off. You have to be sure to squeeze, pull, and twist all at once or else it won't work, but its far from difficult. Here is what it should look like:

Pure genius! Thank you for your very informative tutorial.

Timothy Ursch

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
Wondering if this may be a single use diy. I tried today and cannot replicate it. Frustrating as heck. I ordered more hockey pucks to see if a fresh one will get it.

Any advice?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have never been able to use this type of removal tool on any rep Rolex bezel. Holding the case securely while lifting and twisting the puck (or equivalent) away was always a technique I could never master.

These removal tools are cheap and work nicely for me. I taped some cut up dial protectors on the jaws that contact the case lugs and *knock on wood* have not put even a scratch in a case while using it.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/32...er_id=4cf6fb96fec84231a3079d01e02f7f15&is_c=Y

Case goes in upside down, best done with bracelet removed

ySK12.jpg

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I have never been able to use this type of removal tool on any rep Rolex bezel. Holding the case securely while lifting and twisting the puck (or equivalent) away was always a technique I could never master.

These removal tools are cheap and work nicely for me. I taped some cut up dial protectors on the jaws that contact the case lugs and *knock on wood* have not put even a scratch in a case while using it.

https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/32...er_id=4cf6fb96fec84231a3079d01e02f7f15&is_c=Y

Case goes in upside down, best done with bracelet removed

ySK12.jpg

Yep, great tool. I bought one from ali for 20 bucks and filed off those sharp corners like TC did for his sub bezel removals

Reactions: KJ2020

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
Thoughts on this omega knock off? Looks like the exact principle. My question would be the durability of the attachment.

2dce4d7f4b72ca5482da186d4f2c9a3e.jpg

Or
b0a08f1b35aeb5a310f96b14891ced0c.jpg

Probably same item with an instant $344 markup since it is located in the conus.