• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DIY Bezel Removal Tool

Tanto91

30/3/12
I posted this in the Omega section, but others may find it useful too:

Those UPO bezels can be a b*tch to get off....here's an easy and cheap way. You'll need a hockey puck (about $2), a hole saw (1 1/2"), a drill, a drill bit (size doesnt really matter), and a hand saw. Here we go:

1. Take the hockey puck and your drill bit, then drill a hole straight thru the center of the puck

2. Get your hole saw on the drill and start running it thru the bit hole you just made. Get as far as you can from one side, then flip the puck over and repeat until you've removed the center of the puck with your hole saw. You should now have a hockey puck donut.

3. Take your hand saw and cut out about 1" from the puck so you no longer have a donut puck, but more like a "C" puck and you're done

Now to use it, place it on your bezel, squeeze hard, pull straight up off the watch, and twist the opposite way the bezel rotates and your bezel will come right off. You have to be sure to squeeze, pull, and twist all at once or else it won't work, but its far from difficult. Here is what it should look like:

Reactions: Audi_5k

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I need one of this tool myself... the risk of scratching the watch case is too high

Thanks for sharing mate

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
That's pretty creative.

Would this also work for those without tools?

jaropener.jpg

Hyjynx

28/9/13
The operative word here is DIY (Do It Yourself) - putting your creative minds to work! Big kudos to you, Tanto91. [emoji122][emoji106]

Tanto91

30/3/12
ive taken off SMP bezels using this exact method. what about it is not working for you?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Think he's talking about the Jar opener from Ali the doesn't work, not the hockey puck method.

I would try the hockey puck method...not sure we can get hockey pucks here in the uk though.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Think he's talking about the Jar opener from Ali the doesn't work, not the hockey puck method.

I would try the hockey puck method...not sure we can get hockey pucks here in the uk though.

Has the UK banned hockey pucks? Geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VagueByDesign

19/10/09
What are all of those outstanding UK hockey teams going to do? oh, wait... lol

This is a great idea. I'm rich with hockey pucks, so I'm definitely going to try this. My PO case is titanium and easy to scratch. I don't need the front of the case or the bezel to turn out looking like the back of my lugs. (stupid spring pins...)

OmegaLipz

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
27/4/15
gonna try this, thanks.

Tanto91

30/3/12
i have *never* been able to remove a bezel on any watch with a knife without scratching at least a little bit. this works pretty well but you do have to squeeze the crap out of the puck as you turn and pull up....all at the same time.

and for you in the UK, it doesnt necessarily have to be a hockey puck, any chuck of hard rubber would work i guess. you have drills right? ;)

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
From experience, using a hole saw and holding the puck freehand could result in it spinning out on you. Best to have it clamped down on opposite edges / sides /across.

@M

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Hockey pucks are banned in the UK?

Like Lawn Darts in the US i suppose.

But the hockey pucks dont seem so dangerous

boostin20

8/9/10
USA

I love lawn darts! Too bad the only way I can play them now is on the Wii.

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
Omg!!! @Tanto91

This works like a charm! 20$ + 20mins of total labor.

6cad98c04466a54a35d0f4852839ec45.jpg

0aa6f119c36162d2a8b389131a8aeb83.jpg

60e6a3aa34e8f5245c1529f807a1be79.jpg

24d3a2c6e1ff1c8b9274547af28a55a8.jpg

I just kept turning with a slight pull. The. Pop.

Now my franken 42 PO has a pumpkin!!!!

Many thanks

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire

Well we have a local ice hockey team so I'm pretty sure they must play with pucks, so my guess is they are not banned! LOL

Edit: Just checked eBay UK, loads of hockey pucks for sale.