• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chicago School of Watchmaking course (link)

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
Some members have asked about this from time to time ...might be helpful for anyone looking for a home study course on Horology and watch repair.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c868g98kneaq4b8[

(the download link doesn't work well with Chrome browser)

This was written in the 1950's, and updated in the 70's for a school that went under some years ago, but I'm told from some who know better, that much of this instruction is still very relevant. It's been hard to find cause the guy who's trying to sell this 35 chapter set on ebay claims he has the copyright. Actually, it's in public domain and all he did was grab it from a torrent and burned it to a cd...enjoy! :cheers:

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
can I download and just click and go on a mac?

Thanks

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
yup...the link leads to an .iso file. After you save it, burn the file to a CD and when you play the CD you'll see 35 separate .PDF files with the lessons

can I download and just click and go on a mac?

Thanks

Poker

16/3/12
No need to burn the iso on a Mac. Just double-click it and it will mount.

kloscarolyn

Looking Around
13/11/20
Online courses are a very convenient type of training because you can always make a schedule the way you want it. You can choose a convenient time for classes, but even if you do not always have time there, you can watch a lecture in the morning or at lunch. If you are such a busy student that you even constantly turn to services , that help students with homework for help, then you. This training format will definitely suit your taste.

Last edited: