• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing UV Glue and Epoxy

R_C

Looking Around
24/1/12
Hi everyone, I'm not a regular poster by any means and lurk occasionally. I am busy with my first build and would like some advise from those that know please. I need to remove an acrylic crystal from an Ali Express submariner style case without damaging the acrylic. Is there a way to do this or is damage inevitable. It is a nice T-39 style.

Additionally the aluminium bezel has been clear epoxied on and I'd like to explore ways to remove the bezel without damaging it.

Unfortunately although many parts are cheap to replace. The USD exchange rate and courier shipping make getting parts rather prohibitive so I try to conserve as much as possible. I'd really appreciate any advice!

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I need to remove an acrylic crystal from an Ali Express submariner style case without damaging the acrylic. Is there a way to do

No, the glue is stronger than the crystal.

Additionally the aluminium bezel has been clear epoxied on

If you mean the insert then it's almost always double sided tape holding it in place, heat will soften the tape enough to remove the insert without damage. If it is epoxy then soaking it in acetone will soften the epoxy, but it will also remove the paint from the insert.

Reactions: R_C