Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rafflesdials Day-Date Whitegold

Hey fellas,
    Recently i have built my vintage Day-Date 18239 White Gold with rafflesdials case set etc..
    Here is a quick tutorial since i could not find to many posts about those.. I want to give this Forum something back besides beeing a supporter.

Disclaimer, i know this is not Rolex Watchmaking Quality and i never learned or was trained in this horology watchmaking stuff..

The parts i used were: Vintage Day Date case 36mm made to fit ETA 2836 Movement
    And dials 28.5-29mm 49.99$

28.5mm Sunburst Silver Dial with Silvet Sticks for Mens Day-Date watch Fit ETA 2836 or DG 2813 24.99$

​​​​​​20mm Signed SS White Gold President Bracelet Flat Strap End Pieces for Vintage 36mm DayDate watch. 44,99$

DG2813 Automatica Mechanical Movement 8205 Replacement Day Date Silver. 15.99€ + 2.99€ shipping (EBAY)

Luminous watch hands for Miyota 8215,8200 or 2813 Movement. 5.31€ (EBAY China)

Ihad some issues with the raffles hands as they don't fit the Ebay'esk dg2813... I bought the ebay ones. They look a bit too big but.. Who cares in the end its my very first build.

RAFFLESdials states: you need date and day disc overlays, however i can save you the cuppa bucks.. The DG2813 DayDate from ebay and raffles dials work perfectly together.

The Movement spacer ring had to be grinded down with sandpaper just a very little.. Not even 0.1mm if my eye measures are correct.
    The crown is easy adjusted with some measures and clippers.. I used my eyes and some tests cutting back just more and more.

The whole build took me roughly about 30mins,
    Just to glue the dial on the movement spacer ring was tricky.
    Here are some pics of my first ever built watch.

​​​​​
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Pictures don't do it justice, colors and specialy the dial look way better in real life. Hope this helps anyone who is debating on wether they should go fot a rafflesdials watch set or nah.
      The service from Raffles is outstanding and the parts do realy have good quality for the price point. He tells you exactly whay you will need and where to get it.
      Cheers lads,
      C.P.

Comment

Looks great for a first build, congrats!
        We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
        GMT Movements Explained
        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
        Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
        The Fantasy Watch Thread
        Noob GMT's poor bezel design
        Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
          Looks great for a first build, congrats!
          Thanks a lot mate. Going for an explorer 1016 next

Comment

Congratulations on completing your first watch building project - you should be proud, and you'll enjoy it all the more knowing it's your own handiwork. Bravo!

But beware, it's a highly contagious affliction, and before you know it you'll be scouring the M2M parts section for Vietnam cases, gen dials and handsets...

If it were mine, I think I'd be inclined to take the Raffles advice and use a suitable DWO on that 2813 movement. I only mention it because the standard date font on the 2813 is very unlike the Rolex font (it looks more like the Tudor date font), and spoils the overall effect a little.

Anyway, enjoy your new creation, and Happy New Year!
            FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Kermits! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
              Congratulations on completing your first watch building project - you should be proud, and you'll enjoy it all the more knowing it's your own handiwork. Bravo!

But beware, it's a highly contagious affliction, and before you know it you'll be scouring the M2M parts section for Vietnam cases, gen dials and handsets...

If it were mine, I think I'd be inclined to take the Raffles advice and use a suitable DWO on that 2813 movement. I only mention it because the standard date font on the 2813 is very unlike the Rolex font (it looks more like the Tudor date font), and spoils the overall effect a little.

Anyway, enjoy your new creation, and Happy New Year!
              Thanks so much, yes i already looked after a gen explorer case online .. Addictive as hell.
              Cheers,
              C.P.

Gesendet von meinem YAL-L41 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Looks nice, will your next build be a Daytona.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLineFarmer View Post
                  Looks nice, will your next build be a Daytona.
                  This needs more experience, iwill try a simple explorer first but definitely will look after a zenith daytona build.. A bit more on the expensive side..

Comment

You may want to check my last posts as I built a 1016 using raffles parts and a better bezel from ebay,
                    unfortunately raffles has changed his oyster cases supplier and honestly they are worse than before, now the 2824 cases have thick lugs and fat caseback... so either you'll have to consider reshaping or finding another case supplier.
                    BTW you can pm me if you have any questions regarding an explorer build!

Comment

Originally posted by Invetero View Post
                      You may want to check my last posts as I built a 1016 using raffles parts and a better bezel from ebay,
                      unfortunately raffles has changed his oyster cases supplier and honestly they are worse than before, now the 2824 cases have thick lugs and fat caseback... so either you'll have to consider reshaping or finding another case supplier.
                      BTW you can pm me if you have any questions regarding an explorer build!
                      Thanks for the advice, i already ordered yesterday...gonna have the good old dremel out then...

Comment

Originally posted by couchp0tat0 View Post
                        Just to glue the dial on the movement spacer ring was tricky.
                        couchp0tat0 The rafflesdials web site also mentions glueing...is it just the date wheel or does the dial need to be glued to the movement?

Comment

Originally posted by jhelper333 View Post

couchp0tat0 The rafflesdials web site also mentions glueing...is it just the date wheel or does the dial need to be glued to the movement?
                          Yes if you use another movement than dg2813 you will have to glue both wheels.. Not hard but not like super easy. I used a dg2813 dd movement that just had everything perfectly aligned with date and day windows.
                          Cheers.
                          C.P.

Comment

Working...
                          X