• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black bay clasp

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
Hi, I need some help and suggestions on my black bay clasp. The pearl on the clasp jumped off the spring, seems to be a common issue on this rep. How could I fix this? I pushed the spring inside, so I can close it, but it's just held by the other pearl.

Thank you!

ZJCIOo.jpg

ZJCOdJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: phobos9

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
One popped off on mine and I just lived with it and I’ve never had the clasp accidentally open. I had no opportunity to try and fix it because I have no idea where the bearing went.

Is that a BB58 rep? If it’s not and it has a 22mm lug width I know the clasp for that larger bracelet can be purchased separately on Aliexpress for like $12, just not the clasp for the 20mm bracelets.

Last edited:

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
One popped off on mine and I just lived with it and I’ve never had the clasp accidentally open. I had no opportunity to try and fix it because I have no idea where the bearing went.

Is that a BB58 rep? If it’s not and it has a 22mm lug width I know the clasp for that larger bracelet can be purchased separately on Aliexpress for like $12, just not the clasp for the 20mm bracelets.

Hi, I purchased a new bracelet from Trusty for $ 100 shipped to EU. I don't have the tools to polish it and now it's starting having some desk marks, so considering the expences for the watchmaker and shipment, about € 50, I preferred having a new one. Thanks for your reply!

Matojo

Renowned Member
18/11/17
More annoying thing, when I bought it the watch was almost unworn and gained 5 seconds a day, now after a month of everyday wearing, it gains 15 seconds. It has an A2824 that surely needs a cleaning, oiling and regulation. Is that normal such an increasment in such a little time of use? Thanks

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland