• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scratch on ZF BB 58 clasp

Repseaker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/20
Got this horrible scratch trying to dig out wife’s phone that fell between the seats in her car. Is there anything I can do make it look a little better? Any help is much appreciated.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
A Scotch Brite pad will restore the brushed finish. Place the pad on a level surface and swipe the clasp over the pad, ensuring you move the clasp in a straight line following the direction of the current brushing - i.e. longways along the bracelet/clasp. If you want a finer brushed finish, you can do the same thing using 600 grit sandpaper.

Repseaker

28/6/20
Thanks guys. I will give this a go! This was really a bummer since the watch is otherwise in great shape and I was going to selll it soon since I don’t wear it much.

Karl

23/8/12
Hungary
Thanks guys. I will give this a go! This was really a bummer since the watch is otherwise in great shape and I was going to selll it soon since I don’t wear it much.

If you don't have a scotch bright pad like Pepperoni suggested you could try a normal kitchen dishwasher pad, I have used before, first you remove the "schotchbright" scretchy side and holt it tight on the table and do as he wrote in the first post