• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the pearl on a BB be removed and reattached?

fauxtogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/1/20
Hello,

Like the title says, I'm curious if anyone has tried to recenter the pearl on their BB 58. I have a ZF on order from PureTime, and I think it looks great except that the pearl is low in the triangle. Unless you folks tell me otherwise, I don't think this is a basis to reject an otherwise good rep, but if it is a simple thing to move it and somehow super glue it back, I think I might try...

N6JWPqn
This is what I'm talking about: https://ibb.co/N6JWPqn
Thanks for any advice!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your pearl does look a little low in that pic but comparing it to a TD pic, the amount of space in the triangle below the pearl looks similar.

ZTE345.jpg

I'm surprised PT was able to get a ZF for you - that factory was recently raided and shut down. Plus with CNY going on I wonder if yours isn't a rejected watch PT had lying around.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ory-was-raided

There's a hole in the insert and a little post on the pearl that fits in the hole so moving the pearl is not so simple. The insert has to come out and you would have to either enlarge the hole or reduce the post diameter to move it. You could only move it slightly before the original hole would be visible.

Last edited:

fauxtogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/1/20
Thanks, KJ2020, that's exactly the info I needed.

As for the raid, I discussed that pre-CNY with PureTime and they said they hoped to have one post-CNY. As for it being a prior reject, I guess that is possible but when I look at the QC I am hard pressed to find any significant issue. The pearl seemed a bit low, but the rest of the watch is looking good. I would probably move the "40" text on the bezel a fraction of a mm, but I think without magnification it isn't visible.

I appreciate your input, and if you're seeing a reason to reject the rep that I'm missing, please feel free to tell me!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The only other thing I noticed is the dial chapter ring on the right side looks noticeably further away from the rehaut than on the left side. Sometimes the crystal and the angle of view can exaggerate this appearance. Check your other pics to compare. If this is true, it would mean the dial/movement weren't exactly centered in the case. That can be adjusted to a slight degree unless the stem is too long to push everything that way.

Top to bottom is off also. The Swiss Made text is partially blocked out by the rehaut.

Last edited: