• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it worth buying genuine Tudor pelagos blue or just get the XF latest version

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Although I am a rep fanatic I did sell off a sizeable chunk of my collection to go gen with my favourite watch of all time, the 2021 25600TN. I bought the gen to commemorate my pursuit of a PhD and to pay respect to an incredible company and heritage. It takes a LOT to make a rep obsessed detail oriented maniac like me to buy a gen, and I couldn't think of a better watch for the money than the Pelagos.

I also have the XF V5 in noir and smurf.

You really notice the difference upon wearing it. I noticed a few things (although not exhaustive):

• Gen winding was silk and effortless, and a constant source of orgasmic waves
• Time AND date setting direction is opposite to the rep (in-house MT5612)
• Bezel is T I G H T and has zero play. Fun fact: the bezel click at 12 is different from the rest. It's like a pit stop. It has a different sound. When rotating the bezel, it stops at 12 and then proceeds to go around again
• Lume is almost evenly matched with the rep
• Dial is a huge tell. Gen is more textured and darker. Font printing is more raised and precise.
• Gen is grade 5 titanium. Different feel to the grade 2. Much more friction and darker in tone. Gives off white gold vibes but super light. Definitely luxurious, as it is an alloy.
• Time setting has high gear ratios, and nice tight feel
• Bezel teeth are precise and softer
• Clasp has nearly zero wiggle, and micro adjustments are flawless

All in all I suggest owning BOTH for the ultimate experience. My gen is insured by Jeweler's Mutual so I am safe taking it wherever I go. However the rep allows me to wear it even more casually, and truly lets me appreciate the gen.

Hope this helps! Love the community here.

Planning on writing a KennyG full review very soon of Gen vs Rep

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/co...parison. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Don’t think there’s such a thing as instant tell on a Tudor.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Timex004

Horology Curious
27/12/21
Thinking to buy used genuine Tudor Pelagos blue .
Or just go for the XF latest version one I think V5.
Your advice highly appreciated

Sent from the RWI App
Isn't a Tudor not a Rolex rep anyways? Or is this a slippery slope comment.... haha