• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it worth buying genuine Tudor pelagos blue or just get the XF latest version

mkatvvatt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/21
Thinking to buy used genuine Tudor Pelagos blue .
Or just go for the XF latest version one I think V5.
Your advice highly appreciated

Sent from the RWI App

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Thinking to buy used genuine Tudor Pelagos blue .
Or just go for the XF latest version one I think V5.
Your advice highly appreciated

Sent from the RWI App

I’ve got the XF v4 in black that I’m planning to move on, but I can safely say that it truly is NWBIG. The rep is really quite good.

Reactions: Doc.77

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Nothing beats a gen. A rep, no matter how good, will never be as good as a gen. IMO, buy the gen if you have the funds. Only buy the rep if your budget isnt enough to buy the real thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
As they said, go gen if you can afford it or if there's no proper rep of your beloved watch.

For the pelagos it's affordable but the rep are well made, no major flaw unless the movement (ofc) and few tiny things, from my side i went rep after trying the gen in my AD lol

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
If you get the rep have them send a photo of the lume. Mine is the V5 and the triangle on the 12'oclock is not the same lume brightness. I saw few have the same issue. I didnt know about it until I approved it. The rest of it is great. I went with the rep because I can buy even more watches instead of just 1 gen. Plus they fool me and thats all I care about. I feel like I got a crazy discount on my watches for not buying gens. Of you looks closely at the lume shot you can see what I am saying.

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
I had the black one in gen. Then I bought the blue rep, within 2 months I ended up selling my gen black.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How close does it feel and look from the genuine you had. Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
V5 look perfect and no need for genuine it’s my next rep , lume weak part in every rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a black v6f v4 with the 2824 movement in a m2m sale here, it was my first quality rep purchase and I can honestly say there is no need (for me anyway) to buy the genuine version, it feels that good on the wrist. As others have said, buy a quality rep and have more money for other quality reps. Trust me, you can live with it.;)

McPwn

21/9/20
I'd go gen if you can afford it.. the gen will hold its value over time and then some. The rep will look good now, but after some time probably start having issues with movement or lume, etc. Also the lume on the reps look cheap and misaligned on many of the markers - look at the 1, 5 and 8 markers in the pics above. The lume on the gen looks more 3D and rounded, whereas on the rep it looks like a sticker.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I love this watch. Really any one you go with you cant go wrong. I have Miyota movement on mine its not bad they didnt have the asia movement at the time. But paired with a Crafter Blue watch band I got luck and got for $7 ($68 msrp) on Ebay. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you went with.

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
I'd go gen if you can afford it.. the gen will hold its value over time and then some. The rep will look good now, but after some time probably start having issues with movement or lume, etc. Also the lume on the reps look cheap and misaligned on many of the markers - look at the 1, 5 and 8 markers in the pics above. The lume on the gen looks more 3D and rounded, whereas on the rep it looks like a sticker.

Can you please share your watch photo.
Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

McPwn

21/9/20

As you can see in this gen pic (not my own), the lume looks painted on -- see the edges are rounded and soft. Looking at the rep pics above, the lume looks like a sticker that was applied, and not centered in a lot of cases.

Reactions: EuroTime25

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Best time to buy a rep is when you can afford the gen. In my opinion paying top dollar for a tier 2 brand like Tudor is never going to make you feel any more special than the rep.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I think there are a few questions you’ll have to answer for yourself:
- Can you afford the gen?
- Are you more concerned with aesthetics, function, or both?
If you want what’s under the hood to perform, you should go for gen. The A2824’s and A2836’s will never perform as good at the MT5612.

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
Don’t know if this the XF v5 or newer version

mkatvvatt

16/1/21
Don’t know if this the XF v5 or newer version
302c48d8e90d6de98ff617253ab549e6.jpg