No announcement yet.

JFK Vintage Tudor Date Sub questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later 1680’s and newer watches added an o-ring to the crystal retainer to reduce the crevice corrosion. You need to measure the ID and cross section of the original and try to match it up. The gen part may not fit as I’ve learned with those as well as case back gaskets...

I THINK the lug drill is 1.6mm for the spring bars but it’s been years since I bought the drills (do not skimp on drill quality!) or drilled lug holes.
    Doing my best not to destroy every watch I work on.

Comment

Where did you source that dial? Appears to be a darker blue than the ones JKF typically provides, but i could be wrong...it’s been a while since i looked at stock JKF Tudor subs.,.,,.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown0916 View Post
        Where did you source that dial? Appears to be a darker blue than the ones JKF typically provides, but i could be wrong...it’s been a while since i looked at stock JKF Tudor subs.,.,,.
        He mentioned it was a yuki dial, so I'm guessing it is this one: https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/it...3/10274864.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Spoons View Post

He mentioned it was a yuki dial, so I'm guessing it is this one: https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/it...3/10274864.htm
          Ahh shoot, i clearly wasn’t paying attention too well.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown0916 View Post
            Spoons is correct. The dial is a Yuki and it has the date opening in the standard ETA position.

Comment

Working...
            X