• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Christmas Tudor
34ac8b2af55668d0c082d24e9582d01b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

Gunyan85

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/12/20
Merry Christmas !!!

c06d83d2ef7d06bb78acd8e88d194ef1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

hlkrbs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
This Tudor looks very good :) but what are the flaws compared to the gen ? Looks like a very Good rep to me. Can you Spot the rep on first view or distance ?

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
This Tudor looks very good :) but what are the flaws compared to the gen ? Looks like a very Good rep to me. Can you Spot the rep on first view or distance ?
Well, the major "flaw" is that whatever you do the rep will remain a rep. Spotting it's a rep at first sight? No. Does it really matter anyway? No. Very good rep? Yes.

Beyond that : the lume pip is different than gen (but looks actually better on the rep).

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Just had this QC photo through of a bb58 blue. The back of the SELs look a bit crocked to me (highlighted in yellow). These areas are pretty flush on my other reps. Don’t know if this is normal for this rep? (Or at least within the parameters of being acceptable).
c22a517dcdb1771df67cbbe105d253ad.jpg

This is the front
34e0e5de31f95cb4cd776f1a7feadb2d.jpg

Thanks!

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Z9XoR5.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCY91UCufs

pic for you to compare. Id say close enough to accept its probably well within tollerence, but another member with the rep (I'm waiting on mine) in hand is better to comment.

Many thanks - yes, it does look close enough compared to that photo. I've looked at tons of QC posts of Reddit, and none of those seem as pronounced as the photo I've been sent, but it does look within an acceptable limit. I won't be wearing it on the bracelet anyway, but in case I did a C&R then I want to make sure it's sitting well enough for any future owner.

Any current BB58 Blue rep owners out there give a quick comment too on what their's is like? Thanks.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
It seems most of these ZF Blue BB have a slightly lifted SEL fitting. Maybe because of the holes in the case if they're drilled to low, and keep in mind that the springbars are cheap ones, they may have some play too.

In hands it's totally acceptable though. It's not something you feel on your wrist or that anyone will notice anyway.

Here is mine :
bd833d3e9e5db115084ce837be6aaab4.jpg
caa01e8cf02a5d7e412e9ecf70e2dc01.jpg
808f1719cc1db8c783a5becdb97e07dd.jpg

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
It seems most of these ZF Blue BB have a slightly lifted SEL fitting. Maybe because of the holes in the case if they're drilled to low, and keep in mind that the springbars are cheap ones, they may have some play too.

In hands it's totally acceptable though. It's not something you feel on your wrist or that anyone will notice anyway.

Many thanks for posting the pics :) Looks like mine is all good to GL then. I've managed to hold off buying one for a lot longer than I was expecting - lol. I've had two BB58 Blacks and loved the size of the watch, so really excited about wearing something with a bit more colour on it.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Go ahead, is a great rep.

Reactions: HomeRye

Sureshot20

Horology Curious
28/1/20
Down Under
What to do!!?! Buy it knowing I'll sell it because it's too small (like I did with the BB58 black)? Buy it just to have it and look pretty in my watchbox? Get over my sizeism issues and wear the damn thing? I even heard of a Gen owner who never wears it because it's too small, but can't bring himself to sell it because it's so pretty. Sigh. Life as a watch geek is tough!

This made me lol as this pretty much sums me up. I haven’t gotten my hands on one of these yet but I am seriously tempted. I would normally never wear anything below 41 mm this watch just seem so perfectly proportioned.

I bought a NTH Nacken which was at 40mm and in the end I had to move it along. Not so much the case size but for the resultant look on the wrist when combined with the thick black bezel.

The bb58 has a slimmer bezel pushed out to the edge, so I feel like it’s on wrist presents look slightly bigger. I have a 7.25- 7.5” wrist... how big is your wrist
GingerBubba

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
6.25" only - but well proportioned; I smash 47 mm Pams out all day long (at least I think I do)!

Well, you'll be pleased to know I folded like a cheap suit and bought one and it's due for delivery tomorrow!!!! Will M2M beckon.....

Sureshot20

Horology Curious
28/1/20
Down Under
Oh well I think you be all set with the BB58 then! It’s funny how our tastes/style can change. I saw a photo of me the other day with an Oris Titan on my wrist and it looked laughably huge.

Reactions: GingerBubba

hlkrbs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Are there any Gen REP Comparison pictures for this ZF so far ?