• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not there, but personally it's not something I readily see without having to go and look for it. I didn't spot the problem at all for example until it was mentioned on this thread (in spite of being all too aware of the same issue on the BB58 Black).

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not there, but personally it's not something I readily see without having to go and look for it. I didn't spot the problem at all for example until it was mentioned on this thread (in spite of being all too aware of the same issue on the BB58 Black).

I cant really see it either to be honest, it's like shopping for white paint with the wife lol

Last edited:

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
I cant really see it either to be honest, it's like shopping for white paint with the wife lol
White is completely different on the hands to the hour markers
b33c71374a4cc5d7255078d2c8e2d282.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Everyone's eyes and tolerances are different. To me, yes there's a difference, but it's negligible. A shade.

Ziouvb.png

Reactions: Nikz19

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
b33c71374a4cc5d7255078d2c8e2d282.jpg

I can see it in this picture, it's not too bad tho, its a pretty nice rep

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
I think the difference in the lume color will be rather negligible once it's on wrist. I find it hard to even keep my wrist still to read the time, let alone let others stare at the lume :p

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
I think the difference in the lume color will be rather negligible once it's on wrist. I find it hard to even keep my wrist still to read the time, let alone let others stare at the lume :p

I totally agree....and that's not even counting all the time I spent so drunk that I don't give a shit about which time it is.

Reactions: GingerBubba

Woodz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/15

It's probably more noticeable in particular lighting conditions.

But seriously... If you have to zoom in this close to show the 'issue' it's definitely not something that's a dealbreaker. I'd much rather ZF focus their efforts on getting the crown tube shortened, the pip and bezel printing correct over the tiny difference in lume colour.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxd

perfecto71

25/7/19
UK
Mine just landed.. rather quickly... from Trusty.

It's a great piece.

The bracelet, which I have seen some complaints about, seems great. I have a gen one for my 7929 and it is of similar quality.

While there is a slight difference in the lime color it is very hard to discern without a loupe. It seems to also be an issue of photography as the hand lume still emits a bit of green "glow" in normal light.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Very nice, mine should land in a few days, can't wait.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Wise

Horology Curious
2/7/20
Mine just landed.. rather quickly... from Trusty.

It's a great piece.

The bracelet, which I have seen some complaints about, seems great. I have a gen one for my 7929 and it is of similar quality.

While there is a slight difference in the lime color it is very hard to discern without a loupe. It seems to also be an issue of photography as the hand lume still emits a bit of green "glow" in normal light.

What shipping method did they use to ship yours?

perfecto71

25/7/19
UK
I’m in the U.K. so it seems to habe been triangulated.

shipped from China using YanWen and then Royal Mail for the “final mile”

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

Others won’t know if it’s right or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’m in the U.K. so it seems to habe been triangulated.

shipped from China using YanWen and then Royal Mail for the “final mile”

That’s just regular shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Guys, the rep is amazing. It could be a complete shitter and nobody would ever consider a tudor being a rep - Why??? Because it's a fucking Tudor lol. Buy it wear and enjoy with no worries. Pearl is wrong, so what, dial is not as textured, nobody will notice, even gen owners.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
this watch is amazing tbh, if the rep and gen are thousands of miles apart in terms of look and feel then yes all the negativeness and shortcomings are valid, however even with the side-by-side pics for the ZF vs Gen, its very difficult to spot the difference like playing photohunt :p

for whats its worth, i highly recommend to buy it, wear it, enjoy it cause you never know if there will be a v2, v3, v4 for that matter. If a new one becomes available, just weight your pros and cons to see if its worth to upgrade or live with the v1.

Reactions: jackflash

fuzzmex

2/9/17
Guys, the rep is amazing. It could be a complete shitter and nobody would ever consider a tudor being a rep - Why??? Because it's a fucking Tudor lol. Buy it wear and enjoy with no worries. Pearl is wrong, so what, dial is not as textured, nobody will notice, even gen owners.

You are very right.
Great rep with minor flaws, that few on the planet will notice, let alone call you on.
It's a beautiful watch at that price point, no doubt.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
You are very right.
Great rep with minor flaws, that few on the planet will notice, let alone call you on.
It's a beautiful watch at that price point, no doubt.

Best value for money rep, dare I say watch, available in the world right now ?!

Reactions: jackflash