• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue Sneak Preview

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
[mention]muiramas [/mention] what do you think chap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud, sorry - just got your PM. The tag never got picked up by the forum.

It looks good. I think the discussion on if the blue is right or not is redundant as the gen changes so much. If light hits it oblique, its blue, if light is coming from a shallow angle, its more black.

Dial texture is similarly not a good discussion. What defines the dial is how it behaves in light. It can be matt or satin. It doesn’t matter what the texture is if the effect in light is wrong.

I can see the case and bracelet dont look as refined / smooth on the rep, but again - hard to be sure in a photograph.

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15
Just got mine in. First thing I notice, bezel is so hard to turn...Any suggestions...Review and pics to follow soon.

Fattboy1

Horology Curious
23/8/20
Just got mine in. First thing I notice, bezel is so hard to turn...Any suggestions...Review and pics to follow soon.

Had the exact same problem with my original BB58 - was unable to figure out a solution, interested if anyone else has figured something out as well.

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
Here's a side-by-side photo with the genuine watch from Revolper 's sales listing (LINK):

ZF on the left; GEN on the right

ZiAFaY.jpg

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yes, sadly the different lume color /hands/markers is quite regular. The pearl is different indeed, but looks really good on the rep.
I should get mine next week, can't wait to try it.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
Yes, sadly the different lume color /hands/markers is quite regular. The pearl is different indeed, but looks really good on the rep.
I should get mine next week, can't wait to try it.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk
Why is it so hard for them to match the lume ? It's always the case it's the same on my black bay heritage rep hands are bright white lume is a off white colour

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Why is it so hard for them to match the lume ? It's always the case it's the same on my black bay heritage rep hands are bright white lume is a off white colour

ZF has the same problem on their subs as well. Its pretty common problem on zf watches. It's really a bummer in my opinion cuz watch looks fantastic, I guess will wait for v2

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I remember it being very obvious on the BB58 black v1, but it doesn't look as obvious as that on this one. It's there if you look closely, but I doubt I'd notice day to day. In fact, I think I'm going to grab one :facepalm:

Reactions: stufuse and k4jun

bac14070596

Known Member
21/3/18
United Kingdom
I remember it being very obvious on the BB58 black v1, but it doesn't look as obvious as that on this one. It's there if you look closely, but I doubt I'd notice day to day. In fact, I think I'm going to grab one :facepalm:
You can tell straight away from that photo above comparing gen to rep